Castaway Club

kkob1516

Earning My Ears
We're leaving for the 7 day cruise on 7/26 and since this our second Disney cruise we are members in the castaway club. Does anyone have any info on what this entails? Is there a special check in desk, cocktail reception, etc. Any info would be appreciated.
Kathy

There are a few lines at check-in reserved for Castaway Club members. In my experience, they are often longer than the regular lines, so I'd recommend picking the shortest line regardless of whether it's a CC member line or not.

There is a cocktail reception on board. You should have an invitation in your stateroom telling you where and when. There should also be a stateroom gift, usually a beach towel or tote bag. I'm not sure they are still doing this, though.

I agree about the special lines. We thought that would be a real benefit but ended up just going to the regular lines since they were shorter. We got a nice sports bag with the Disney Cruise symbol as our gift.

We were on the July 5th Western. The gift that will be in your stateroom is a very nice Castaway Club beach towel and 2 Castaway Club pins. There is a reception for all repeat cruisers, with free drinks and appetitizers. It was very crowded on our cruise but they had loads of food, the cruise is there to welcome and thank you. I agree with the check in lines, we went to a much shorter regular line. There used to be a magazine sent to your home, but that must have been discontinued, I haven't received one in a year or so.

Make sure you go to the reception for repeat cruisers. The coconut shrimp is to die for! Also the drinks are yummy. The towel that you get is very nice and good quality. The pins you can trade, but I would do it quick as everyone is going to try to trade them!

We enjoyed the food at the repeat cruisers reception more than anywhere else on the ship (except Palo's!) Free Bahama Mama's didn't hurt either! Very nice beach towel & pins also. (in 2000 we received the tote bag - so they change it up every so often.)

Many thanks to all that replied, just two more days to go!
Well I'd better get packing.

Thanks again
Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter