Castaway Club stateroom gifts

sigillaria

Mouseketeer
The last time I cruised on DCL in 2010 all castaway club members received a staeroom gift.

My daughter..son inlaw.. and 17 yr old grandson left today on a 5 nite Bahamas cruise---they are all castaway cay club members ..but my daughter mentioned in a text that there was only ONE gift in the stateroom.

Did they change the rules and don't give everyone a gift?

I booked thru Dreams Unlimited---does that make a difference?

It's always been one CC gift per stateroom.

Op, maybe you're thinking of the lanyards? Each person gets one of those. Our 2nd DCL sailing was in 2008 and since then it's been 1 gift per stateroom. Maybe it was different prior to that.

Op, maybe you're thinking of the lanyards? Each person gets one of those. Our 2nd DCL sailing was in 2008 and since then it's been 1 gift per stateroom. Maybe it was different prior to that.

I think you are right --they use to give everyone a gift even babies. I looked it up on past forums prior to my 1st cruise.

My 1st Dis cruise was in 2006 a DVC Member cruise and that was entirely different we got a gift every day--so many that people flying could not get the gifts in their luggage so had to abandon them.

Lanyards are still given to every Castaway Club member at check in. Castaway Club gifts that are left in the cabin are one per cabin.

I think you are right --they use to give everyone a gift even babies. I looked it up on past forums prior to my 1st cruise.

My 1st Dis cruise was in 2006 a DVC Member cruise and that was entirely different we got a gift every day--so many that people flying could not get the gifts in their luggage so had to abandon them.

The DVC member cruise is a totally separate animal. The Castaway Club stateroom gift has always been one per cabin regardless of what the gift was--we have the picture frame (that tells you how long ago that was), several towels, different styles of bags, etc. The current gift is the backpack with a few snacks and a keychain inside. There is an additional gold/platinum gift--luggage strap, writing folio, and notecards.

The individual gift is the lanyard that each person gets based on CC status.

The last time I cruised on DCL in 2010 all castaway club members received a staeroom gift.

My daughter..son inlaw.. and 17 yr old grandson left today on a 5 nite Bahamas cruise---they are all castaway cay club members ..but my daughter mentioned in a text that there was only ONE gift in the stateroom.

Did they change the rules and don't give everyone a gift?

I booked thru Dreams Unlimited---does that make a difference?

There is also a very nice gift from Dreams Unlimited (on 7 nights I think)!!

Lanyards are still given to every Castaway Club member at check in. Castaway Club gifts that are left in the cabin are one per cabin.

I am a Castaway Club member with five sailings behind me ... my traveling companion next month has not sailed with Disney before. Will she receive a lanyard since she is with me? Or am I the only one who will get a lanyard since I'm technically the only Castaway Club member in our stateroom?

I am a Castaway Club member with five sailings behind me ... my traveling companion next month has not sailed with Disney before. Will she receive a lanyard since she is with me? Or am I the only one who will get a lanyard since I'm technically the only Castaway Club member in our stateroom?

You are the only one entitled to the Castaway Club lanyard at check in. They are given out based on your CC level - silver, gold or platinum.

We have been cruising since 2003 with 9 cruises completed and have always just receive one CC gift in the room for the four of us. The DVC cruise was what made the difference for your previous cruise, and that had nothing to do with the CC gift.

They did make an exception on the Fantasy's MV, however. There was a note in the stateroom that due to the fact DCL recognized it was a once-in-a-lifetime cruise and many CC members were cruising with friends, they gave one gift per household in each room. The note did say this would be the only cruise for this to occur and they would return to one gift per room after the MV.

My first DCL cruise was a DVC member cruise as well, and everyone in the stateroom did receive a gift but all other cruises it has been one gift per stateroom for CC members. I know the joy of getting a gift every time you walk in your room during the DVC cruise but that is only on those special cruises...sorry! :)

Thanks for all the comments.

In 2010 I was the only cc club member which explains why I was the only one that received a gift ...we had 2 rooms.

:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter