• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castaway Cay

JRLINK3

Mouseketeer
Do you have to pay for your meals on Castaway Cay? I think that I saw somewhere on the forums that there is only one place to eat at Castaway. Does anyone have a menu? Is there pop? Is there a charge for it? If so, how much?

Thanks!

You do not have to pay for food on Castaway Cay. Cookies Barbeque is by the family beach, or you can get lunch at the adult beach. There are also fruit stands around and ice cream. All included in the cruise.

Sorry, I do not know how much the pop is on the island. We are not soda drinkers. There is iced tea with lunch free.

There are pop machines at Cookies BBQ and the pop there is free. I am not sure about the adult beach. If you get a pop from one of the guys walking around on the beach you will have to pay for that one.

Always amazes me how good that food on CC is. Or maybe its just the fact that it is ON CC that makes it so good. Total enjoyment!

Thanks Disneybill, now I'm craving a Lobster burger!!!!:bounce:

I couldn't wait to have a lobster burger, but it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. For some reason I thought it would be like a crab cake on a bun with lettuce and tomato. It was actually a little orange patty by itself. Don't expect big chunks of lobster either, it's very ground up. I don't have a clue what makes it so orange. It was OK, but I won't go out of my way to get it on our next cruise.

Originally posted by tvguy
Thanks Disneybill, now I'm craving a Lobster burger!!!!:bounce:

Well... go get 1!! I think they serve them there at least 3 days a week. :hyper:

There is a soda dispenser at the Adult Beach. If you serve yourself, there is no cost.

Originally posted by Zandy595
I couldn't wait to have a lobster burger, but it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. For some reason I thought it would be like a crab cake on a bun with lettuce and tomato. It was actually a little orange patty by itself. Don't expect big chunks of lobster either, it's very ground up. I don't have a clue what makes it so orange. It was OK, but I won't go out of my way to get it on our next cruise.

Sandy, glad I'm not the only one disappointed by the lobster burger!

Originally posted by TootyJane
Sandy, glad I'm not the only one disappointed by the lobster burger!

Finally! Others who feel as I do. I was SO looking forward to having one & I took one bite & YUCK!!

I will probably try it once more, just in case it was a bad day, but I certainly did not like it at all last time. :(

Originally posted by Zandy595

We must not have eaten all the lobster on the board during the week because our losbter burgers had pretty good sized chunks of lobster in them!!! I think they added a lot of Paprika to make them orange.

I love crab, but not a big fan of crab cakes, too much breading, not enough crab. Although Schwans does make pretty good ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter