Castaway Cay Wedding 1-28-12

mrsdavies2be

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone! I'm getting married on Jan 28, 2012 on castaway cay! my fiance, family, and i will be taking the jan 26-29 cruise and will be getting married there! We're taking the dream (which we JUST found out is actually the 1 year anniversary of the first sailing).

I was just wondering if anyone has been married on a disney cruise, knows someone who has, or if anyone has any advice or tips!

Thanks everyone!

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum! :hippie: I am not a DCL bride but there are a couple around here, and if you search back through the old completed planning journals and trip reports, you will certainly find some former DCL brides.

Thanks so much! I have found a few (even one that wasn't a dcl bride BUT took a trip on the maiden voyage of the dream) we're sailing on the one year anniversary of the dream! so we got to see some pictures of the ship! it makes us more excited with every picture we look at!

Welcome! I am a Castaway Cay bride too! I will be getting married on November 12, 2011 so just a little over 8 months away! We are on the November 10-13 sailing of the Dream. There are several other DCL brides on here as well. There are many talented people on the DISboards with great ideas! I will be reading along with you! :banana:

We are getting married next year too! :) The time will fly for us im sure! :banana:

Looking forward to hearing some more!

:cheer2:

I'm so excited! Time is flying by! Now we have 320 days until the wedding ceremony ... which means like 318 or so until the cruise!

We've been making a lot of progress, too!! I've found my dress (now it's just to get the money to order it) We've found my bridesmaid dresses, and know what the men will be wearing! Along with what cake we want (but we can't decide on a filling) ... does anyone know if they will allow us (even if it's for an extra charge) to get two fillings in the cake? Maybe top layer one filling, bottom the other??? I emailed Shanda about it ... but i was wondering if someone here may know! We're going to do the square white cake! It just looks so yummy!!!

Also, does anyone know if they will let us have a unity candle in our ceremony?? My fiance's aunt just bought us this gorgeous unity candle with stand and is getting it engraved with our names on it ... just wondering!!

Please, Keep the advice coming!! I'm in need of all the help i can get!!

P.S. I will be adding pictures of my dress and my girls dresses as soon as I can!

imgres.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats my dress (obviously :goodvibes) and it's absolutely GORGEOUS on ....

Here's my bridesmaids dresses :

imgres-1.jpg
[/IMG]

They're dress wil be clover in color with an ivory sash.

and here's my flower girls dresses:

FRONT.jpg
[/IMG]

and they're dresses will be ivory with the clover sash!

Thanks! We're going Alfred Angelo all they way!! My dress is one of his brand new Sapphire collection wedding gowns, and then his bridesmaid dresses and flower girl dresses! I never thought I'd be able to get an Alfred Angelo dress (they're quite pricey) but i found a cute little boutique by my school that actually has my dress for about half the price it would be getting it from an Alfred store!

(I just talked to the lady today and it makes me very excited!)

YAY!! Another DCL Bride. Welcome and I look forward to reading along. I am getting married on the Dream on 10/28/11 and am really excited. Make sure to bring up your question on the DCL wedding thread. Those people are wonderful!

hello, welcome and congratulations!!

Just looked at the pictures of your dress and I love it. Can't wait to read/see more :thumbsup2

I'm a DCL bride too (but I saw you on the Cruise Thread so you know that). I subscribed can't wait to read along.

Today is exactly 10 months until I get to marry my very best friend!!!!

So, I'm just a little excited :) We're making progress ... slowly but surely. We changed the bm dresses, but now we finally have 2 ordered. One of my MOH's will have a different dress (because of her size) but, that's all fine and dandy with me!! Now we're going with a dress from Macy's that we found for only 30 bucks!! (Praise the good Lord!) My little sister and my other MOH have their dresses ordered already. I'm just waiting on my other MOH to make a decision and my other BM to tell me if she wants that dress.

Heres a picture!!

Screenshot2011-03-28at40740PM.png

Screenshot2011-03-28at40752PM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter