Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

IMHO 4 and 5 are ideal we have had them, not too close to cookies2 or the restrooms, but not too far rather, 1/2/3 seemed to be at the end of the beach and cramped up a bit, for more peace and quite the higher the number the better but there a further walk or golf cart ride away, 4/5 have a great bit of beach in front of them, ideal location.

Fantastic to hear! We have #4 for our all-girls cruise in September. I've been in 5, 6, 7, 8, & 19. All of those were great, too. I do like the family cabanas vs. Serenity Bay. ;)

Thanks Fantasy! Sweet pee-- how would you compare the ones you've been in?

I like the lower numbers for location.

I do want to try being out at the end sometime to see what the trade off is in terms of quiet-factor. Not that it was loud in the ones I've been in. Just to try the seclusion. Ya know?

Anyone mind giving me advice on what cabana to request (we are sailing concierge, so hopefully we will have some choice)? I am thinking 4, 5, 6, or 7.

We will be a group of 7-- a woman in her 70s, three adults in our 30s/40s, and three 3-year-olds. We don't want to have to do a ton of walking for bathrooms or to get to the tram stop (if no one offers to take us on a golf cart). Is the beach nice for little ones in front of 4-7?

Let me ask, though-- why does no one on here ever really recommend 1, 2, or 3? Is it a little less peaceful on the end closest to the Family Beach?

The reason so few recommend cabana #1 is because that is the only handicapped accessible cabana, in as far as it has a ramp instead of stairs.

#1 is on its own. The rest on the family beach (at least the lower numbers) are in pairs. So 2 is next door to 3 (share a beach path). 4/5 share a beach path, 6/7, 8/9, etc.

We request anywhere between 4 & 9.

Fantastic to hear! We have #4 for our all-girls cruise in September. I've been in 5, 6, 7, 8, & 19. All of those were great, too. I do like the family cabanas vs. Serenity Bay. ;)

How are the cabanas at SB versus the Family beach? What makes you like the family ones better?

Personally, I like the Family Beach cabanas better because of the private beach. The SB cabanas do not have one.

Question: When I called concierge to request a cabana I was told they are only taking requests at 125 days out. Does anyone have a link to an official "150 day out" policy?

We cruised Fantasy Concierge May 17-24, Eastern Caribbean. I was able to call in my preferences 150 days out, but that has now changed to 125. We had Cabanna 3. It was perfect. We (myself and DH along with our DD and DS), are all adults, but wanted to be near the action, so we chose the Family Beach. I would be happy to answer any questions. Our room was 12526.

Question: When I called concierge to request a cabana I was told they are only taking requests at 125 days out. Does anyone have a link to an official "150 day out" policy?

No, but that's what they told me. We can start 'calendering' items at 125 and book at 120.

Andy

There was never an official policy. Honestly, it's not a big deal. You contact concierge at 125 days, you PIF prior to your booking window opening, and your requests are auto-uploaded into the system prior to the window being open for platinum cruisers. We got the exact cabana we requested, and we contacted concierge at 125 days.

Actually, the 150 day policy was official for about three months. We lucked out. But I agree, if you are concierge, just call in at 125 days out with your requests and the magic occurs. Enjoy!

Thanks so much for your replies. I feel a lot better about it now. We will see what happens on Thursday. Still very excited about the trip even if we don't get a cabana.

Personally, I like the Family Beach cabanas better because of the private beach. The SB cabanas do not have one.

BUT--the whole area at Serenity is very quiet and laid back due to the absence of screaming and yelling kids.

So the Private Beach isn't REALLY necessary--

This past cruise was our first time at CC and we got a cabana. We also did concierge. We'll never go without again. I didn't care about bicycling, waterslides, floats, snorkeling, parasailing, etc. I just wanted to relax and read my book in the shade with a light breeze blowing and no sand in my shoes. :thumbsup2

Then again I didn't even go in to St. Thomas (BTDT and not all that interested) and I didn't stay on the rock in Sint Maarten for very long either. I preferred spending time on the boat.:confused3

Exactly how we like things--we didn't get off at Cozumel, spent only an hour off at Costa Maya--and the highlight of our Port Time at Grand Cayman was lunch at Margaritaville.

Concierge and a Cabana were perfect for us!!

Uncleromulus said:
BUT--the whole area at Serenity is very quiet and laid back due to the absence of screaming and yelling kids.

And don't forget, the cabanas at SB are $100 less.

Sandy
Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Let's face it ... no Cabana is really necessary, LOL. However, the family beach is a bit less rocky than SB. Also, since only families with cabanas are on the private beach, there isn't anyone (accidentally or not) wandering into yours to check it out. Or setting up their chairs in front of your cabana.

It's just our preference.

Actually, the 150 day policy was official for about three months. We lucked out. But I agree, if you are concierge, just call in at 125 days out with your requests and the magic occurs. Enjoy!

My understanding was that it was just a trial they were running, and shoreside concierge determined that the 150 day prebooking of requests wasn't necessary. I agree. Whether you give them your requests at 125 days or 150 days, you still get what you want. Concierge requests get uploaded to the system before it opens up to platinums. On our recent cruise, all cabanas were sold out right at midnight. Concierge got them all. There were none left for platinums.

Let's face it ... no Cabana is really necessary, LOL. However, the family beach is a bit less rocky than SB. Also, since only families with cabanas are on the private beach, there isn't anyone (accidentally or not) wandering into yours to check it out. Or setting up their chairs in front of your cabana.

It's just our preference.

Understood.

Actually at Serenity (at least from Cabana 19) there was a walkway and plenty of room between the cabana and the actual beach.

So no danger at all of anyone setting up shop exactly right outside the cabana.

And don't forget, the cabanas at SB are $100 less.

Sandy
Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

150$ now (399$ v. 549$). Our cabana for October lists the new price.

Understood.

Actually at Serenity (at least from Cabana 19) there was a walkway and plenty of room between the cabana and the actual beach.

So no danger at all of anyone setting up shop exactly right outside the cabana.

Appreciate this feedback. Thank you. There isn't as much info on the SB cabanas. Was there room for you to set up your own chairs there to get some sun and be in the sand?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter