• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

I'm back from my FANTASTIC cruise and really enjoyed the time in Cabana #17. Although #17 is at the very end, the location still isn't too bad, because you're at the far end of the private beach area - meaning it can't get any quieter.

Pretty low tide in the afternoon with water being just over the ankle. The deepest it got was waist high. Otherwise nice conditions, very few rocks in the ocean. Saw three stingrays and lots of fish.

Being a Jungle Book fan, I loved when they piped in the steel-drum version of "Bare Necessities". Very cool!:)

For all you future cruisers - here's a video tour of my cabana and the nearby beach area: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz3TYPSNwiw

And of course I took plenty of photos, too:

Family Beach Cabana #17 on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Family Beach Cabana #17 on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Disney's Castaway Cay Island - Area near Family Beach Cabanas by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

The Disney Fantasy from the Private Area near the Family Beach Cabanas on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

View near Family Beach Cabana #17 on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Family Beach Cabanas Area on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Family Beach Cabanas Area on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Ocean near the Family Beach Cabanas on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Very low tide:

View from Family Beach Cabana #17 on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Disney Fantasy Cruise Ship as seen from the Family Beach Cabanas on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

After I watched your video .. :lovestrucI have my heart set on #17 during our 11-16 cruise this year. We are concierge :woohoo: so at 120 day out I will be PIF and sitting up at 12 EST to get it. :worried:Now though I am concerned about the low tide.... How time does low tide accure? I don't want to do the cabana then have no water in the afternoon. How is your input on it? :idea:

Does anyone know if they offer a CD of the music they pipe into the cabanas for sale? Love the music as well!

Now though I am concerned about the low tide.... How time does low tide accure? I don't want to do the cabana then have no water in the afternoon. How is your input on it? :idea:

The real low tide you see on the photo was captured at 3:35pm and I think it started to drain around 2pm. However, the water was never deep enough for any real swimming, waist-high at best. It wasn't disturbing for me and if you want to get into depper water, just walk around the corner to the lower-numbered FB cabanas, where it was fine all-day long.

The real low tide you see on the photo was captured at 3:35pm and I think it started to drain around 2pm. However, the water was never deep enough for any real swimming, waist-high at best. It wasn't disturbing for me and if you want to get into depper water, just walk around the corner to the lower-numbered FB cabanas, where it was fine all-day long.

Thanks so much!! :worship: You have put my worries to easy. I had this nightmarish image of all the water being gone at noon, or ankle deep water all day! :scared:

But that would be great.. waist deep most of the day is perfect!!:cool1:

We can spend the rest of the time napping on the :beach: We are not :crowded: crowd people and #17 looks to aforward the best privacy! :thumbsup2

First time cruisers don't give up hope! I was able to book Cabana #5 when my reservation window opened at 75 days.

We weill have a family of 12 for our cruise aboard the Fantasy that sails on 6-01. It will be our oldest daughters birthday so we are trying to make it extra special for her on this trip. We are interested in renting a cabana at our stop at Castaway.
Is there a limit as to how many people can be at one?
And does anyone know prices?
I came across all this information somewhere but I can not seem to find it again.

Thanks in advance.

Family Beach Cabanas are $499 for 6 guests. Each additional guest up to the max of 10 is $50 pp. You would need 2 Cabanas for your party of 12.

I'm not sure what the rates are for the Serenity Bay Adults only Cabanas.

kaseyC said:
Family Beach Cabanas are $499 for 6 guests. Each additional guest up to the max of 10 is $50 pp. You would need 2 Cabanas for your party of 12.

Yep. We put 10 in a Cabana two weeks ago for total price of $699

Serenity Bay cabanas are $399 for 4 guests. Additional guests up to 10 are $50 each.

What is/was the beverage escape?

Back about 5 or 6 pages in this thread there's talk about the beverage packages you can pre-order to have waiting in your cabana when you arrive.

Back about 5 or 6 pages in this thread there's talk about the beverage packages you can pre-order to have waiting in your cabana when you arrive.

We've had a cabana twice (last in March 2012) and this wasn't offered either time.

It took me a few days, but I finally made it through all 122 pages!!! :upsidedow Thanks to everyone who shared the details and pictures! Very helpful!! Looking forward to more pictures!

While I certainly would love to be able to afford a cabana, it's just not in our budget. So, here are my tips for those in the same boat. We have been to CC twice, most recently on Sunday Mar 10 2013. If you head to the farthest part of the Family Beach, on the second crescent, and sit between the Sand Bar and the cabanas, it is less crowded. Fewer people make the trek down that far. It's not such a bad walk all the way, and of course you can take the tram to cut it further. All the chairs and umbrellas were open when we got there, about 9:15am, and even by lunchtime there were still many open chairs and plenty of room in the sand by the water. In this spot you are very close to restrooms and Cookies Too for lunch, as well as Spring a Leak and In Da Shade. You can also hear the same steel drum music as in the cabanas because they play it at the SandBar too. Enjoy, can't wait to get back there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter