Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

I thought I read some where there was a partial refund for bad weather?
I have not heard that to be the case. It could rain all day and no refund. If they ever did, it would certainly be the exception and not the rule. But IF there is severe lightning that would endanger guests and they find it necessary to order them to return to the ship for their own safety, THEN they would be likely to credit a partial refund, depending on how much time was left. If the ship docks at CC and they do not force you to leave the island early, don't expect any refund for weather. If the ship is unable to dock, obviously you will not be charged for a cabana.

I thought I read some where there was a partial refund for bad weather?

I have had a cabana during rain and there was no refund. I have also had one when it was only like 65 degrees, therefore too chilly to really be outside, and no refund. They will ONLY refund if they can't dock or if they ask you to leave the beach for safety reasons. If you think the weather isn't going to be in your favor I suggest you cancel.

I tried to search for my answer but didnt see it. I was able to book FB cabana #3 for our upcoming cruise. We are a large party and I was envisioning just the moms and dads being registered to the cabana since the kids will want to be on the beach all day. This way the parents can take turns getting out of the sun. Is the beach in front of the cabanas roped off so the kids can't be there unless registered or will they be able to go there, just not up to the cabana? Or will they need to stay over towards pelican plunge? How far is that?

Also, do babies (6 months) count as one of the guests?

Thanks!

I'm so excited I was able to snag a cabana since I'm just a silver cc member.

Yes infants do count -both for the cost and for the # of people allowed in the cabana. And yes, the area is separated from the main beach so not only would you be unable to keep an eye on your kids,they would not be permitted to come down the beach to your cabana. All cabana folks are issued bracelets so they are identified by who should be there and who shouldn't. I have seen CM's ask some to leave the cabana area as they have no bracelets.

I tried to search for my answer but didnt see it. I was able to book FB cabana #3 for our upcoming cruise. We are a large party and I was envisioning just the moms and dads being registered to the cabana since the kids will want to be on the beach all day. This way the parents can take turns getting out of the sun. Is the beach in front of the cabanas roped off so the kids can't be there unless registered or will they be able to go there, just not up to the cabana? Or will they need to stay over towards pelican plunge? How far is that?

Thanks!

I'm so excited I was able to snag a cabana since I'm just a silver cc member.

Anyone who will be using the cabana will be counted. You can't have tons of people in and out as they have to wear wristbands. The beach is for cabana guests only. If you have more than the allowed number of guests, no matter when and how it will be used, you will have to get a second cabana. You won't be able to take turns. And babies count as 1 person, no matter the age.

We had a 6 month old with us on our last cruise. She counted towards the 10 people max but there was no charge for her. We were told that they do not charge for children < 3 years old. This was on the Magic in February.

easy way to confirm - cl DCL and ask them. I am sure you would get the 'straight scoop"... the reason I said that infants would be charged, was that a 2 yr old (a year ago on the DREAM) was charged. Could be that has changed. 6 months seems awfully young to be charged $50

easy way to confirm - cl DCL and ask them. I am sure you would get the 'straight scoop"... the reason I said that infants would be charged, was that a 2 yr old (a year ago on the DREAM) was charged. Could be that has changed. 6 months seems awfully young to be charged $50

I believe its 2+ that is charged. Anything under 2 is not, but they are still counted as part of the 10.

You mean that if the 10 includes an under 2 child then the cost would be $450 and not $500? First i heard of that one.

You mean that if the 10 includes an under 2 child then the cost would be $450 and not $500? First i heard of that one.

The cost of the cabana is $499 for up to the first 6 people. If you have 8 and that includes an infant your charge would be $549 - the initial $499 plus 1 add'l person that is over the age of 2. No one has said DCL will deduct the $50 charge if the up to 6 people count includes an infant.

If you have 10 people over age 2 then your total cost would be $649 not $499. DCL charges $50/person over the included 6 people. This is for the Family Beach cabanas.

The cost of the cabana is $499 for up to the first 6 people. If you have 8 and that includes an infant your charge would be $549 - the initial $499 plus 1 add'l person that is over the age of 2. No one has said DCL will deduct the $50 charge if the up to 6 people count includes an infant.

If you have 10 people over age 2 then your total cost would be $649 not $499. DCL charges $50/person over the included 6 people. This is for the Family Beach cabanas.

Exactly... the price is AT LEAST $499 on the FB no matter who is in it. The extra people charges come after.

with all the cabana hype i wnt to book mine today for sep 23 and they are all sold out! so does anyone know if there is a wait list for the cabanas i could get on?

Are all of the cabanas the same? I know they're in different locations, closer or farther away from this or that, but as for the size and amenities, aren't they all the same?

Are all of the cabanas the same? I know they're in different locations, closer or farther away from this or that, but as for the size and amenities, aren't they all the same?

yes.
except the FB#1 which is HA and therefore just slightly different IIRC.

The cabanas on the Family Beach also provide some sand toys while the ones on Serenity Bay do not for obvious reasons.

Why? Some of us adults are just big kids. I want to play in the sand too :rotfl2:

I hope I don't get flogged for asking what I'm sure are repetitive questions but A.) this thread is really long, & B.) I *did* try using the search tool but didn't readily turn up the info I'm looking for.

The hubby surprised me over the weekend with a phone call from Mickey telling me we'd be going on a little 3-day Dream cruise in September without our boys to celebrate our anniversary. He told me it was all booked and paid-in-full so I could loggin and go nuts with whatever I wanted to do. I went straight to our CC day and snapped up SB Cabana #19 (since it's our 19th anniversary). Just like any crazy planner if there's something I've not done before I obsess over knowing everything about it. That said, what exactly is the procedure for checking-in/getting-to our cabana in the morning? Correct me if I'm wrong. I *think* I understand it to be: get off the ship, hop the tram all the way out to Pelican Point stop, go to the cabana check-in, and someone will take us to the cabana in a golf cart? Where exactly is the cabana check-in? Is it relatively near the bike rental place & the start/end of the 5k? I know where those spots are! :thumbsup2 Next, there should be some sort of menu card thing in our cabana so if we want to order additional-charge drinky-drinks we can, correct? And to order this or ask for anything else we might need assistance with there's a call button thing in the cabana, right? Would you say these cabanas are far from the restrooms, food, & bar? We had our teen boys about on our 2 previous trips to CC so we only walked out to the adult beach once just to see it. I know the bar, food, & restrooms are all lumped there pretty close. Just trying to get the feel for this. Oh! And if we should require additional service from the cabana staff during our day I know we should tip. Is there a point where this can be done with our KttW cards or should we bring some cash to leave in the cabana when we depart for the day?

I'm really excited about the cabana. People think I'm nuts but I'm really not a huge beachy-girl...mostly because of the sand that you can't seem to escape so just having somewhere that is semi-sand-free to relax will be like heaven. I really do want to enjoy the beach so I think this might be my bestest shot. LOL!

TIA, y'all! :wave2:

I hope I don't get flogged for asking what I'm sure are repetitive questions but A.) this thread is really long, & B.) I *did* try using the search tool but didn't readily turn up the info I'm looking for.

The hubby surprised me over the weekend with a phone call from Mickey telling me we'd be going on a little 3-day Dream cruise in September without our boys to celebrate our anniversary. He told me it was all booked and paid-in-full so I could loggin and go nuts with whatever I wanted to do. I went straight to our CC day and snapped up SB Cabana #19 (since it's our 19th anniversary). Just like any crazy planner if there's something I've not done before I obsess over knowing everything about it. That said, what exactly is the procedure for checking-in/getting-to our cabana in the morning? Correct me if I'm wrong. I *think* I understand it to be: get off the ship, hop the tram all the way out to Pelican Point stop, go to the cabana check-in, and someone will take us to the cabana in a golf cart? Where exactly is the cabana check-in? Is it relatively near the bike rental place & the start/end of the 5k? I know where those spots are! :thumbsup2 Next, there should be some sort of menu card thing in our cabana so if we want to order additional-charge drinky-drinks we can, correct? And to order this or ask for anything else we might need assistance with there's a call button thing in the cabana, right? Would you say these cabanas are far from the restrooms, food, & bar? We had our teen boys about on our 2 previous trips to CC so we only walked out to the adult beach once just to see it. I know the bar, food, & restrooms are all lumped there pretty close. Just trying to get the feel for this. Oh! And if we should require additional service from the cabana staff during our day I know we should tip. Is there a point where this can be done with our KttW cards or should we bring some cash to leave in the cabana when we depart for the day?

I'm really excited about the cabana. People think I'm nuts but I'm really not a huge beachy-girl...mostly because of the sand that you can't seem to escape so just having somewhere that is semi-sand-free to relax will be like heaven. I really do want to enjoy the beach so I think this might be my bestest shot. LOL!

TIA, y'all! :wave2:

You are actually on Serenity Bay so you would have to take the tram over to SB and there is a check-in right there as you get off the tram. They will deliver wristbands to your room the night before so you will be set to go!

There is a call button in the cabana but there wasn't a drink menu. However, the concierge had a bar server come to our cabana with a menu, took our orders and came back with our drinks. :thumbsup2

The cabanas are not far at all from the restrooms or Cookies. You can always have the golf cart come and get you but honestly, it would be quicker to walk! :goodvibes

We always pay cash because we never had the option to present our KTTW to the concierge for anything since the cabana is charged to the room. And don't leave it in the cabana...:worried: we always just give it to him when we leave for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter