Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

You know, at first I thought, no way am I spending $500 for a cabana for a day. The more I think about it though, and with what you get, I may just book the cabana instead of an excursion for the 5 of us. We would probably enjoy the sanctuary of the private cabana and all the snacks and sodas and rental equipment for the entire day over a 45 minute parasailing trip that would end up costing us more.

I'm glad I read this thread. I have been trying to think of a nice excursion for all of us, but I think the cabana will be a better deal all around.

Are they far from Pelican Plunge?

You know, at first I thought, no way am I spending $500 for a cabana for a day. The more I think about it though, and with what you get, I may just book the cabana instead of an excursion for the 5 of us. We would probably enjoy the sanctuary of the private cabana and all the snacks and sodas and rental equipment for the entire day over a 45 minute parasailing trip that would end up costing us more.

I'm glad I read this thread. I have been trying to think of a nice excursion for all of us, but I think the cabana will be a better deal all around.

They are directly in front of Pelican Plunge. You can swim from the Cabana to the deck of Pelican Plunge! :banana:

I thought about the exact same thing. We have a party of 7 and 5 of us had made reservations to do the walking and kayaking tour (at $64 each) as well as rent bikes ($6/hr) and float tubes ($6) and snorkel equip ($25), etc. My mother physically finds it difficult to walk a lot and I sunburn badly after a few hours in the water and the sun. :headache:

I was simply resigned to returning to the boat after a couple hours on CC. When I learned about the cabanas and discussed it with DH, we decided a cabana was a perfect solution to the dilemma. :cool1:

Now DM and I can hang out on the beach with the rest of the fam for the day (weather permitting) and my 4-year-old will probably appreciate being able to stay on the beach with her dad and her older brother and sister instead of returning to the boat with a grumpy, sunburned mom and a drained grandma. :laughing:

Once we made the decision I promptly cancelled the separate reservations for the 3 hour tour, the snorkel equip, the bikes, etc. and have opted to relax in the shade, snorkel with the kids, ride bikes, float in the water, lounge in the hammock, and generally enjoy the next couple weeks of not worrying whether we will have been able to find seating on the beach, at Cookies Too, etc. for a group of 7. DH and I think it will be money well-spent, especially when considering the large number of people who will be traveling on the Dream.

Cabanas are booked at the excursions desk, not guest services.

But in true Disney fashion...not always. Just read a post yesterday from someone whos DH was waiting in the excursions line (no one was at the counter yet) while she was a guest services taking care of something else and found out GS was booking the cabanas. Fortunately there were still some available for them.

But in true Disney fashion...not always. Just read a post yesterday from someone whos DH was waiting in the excursions line (no one was at the counter yet) while she was a guest services taking care of something else and found out GS was booking the cabanas. Fortunately there were still some available for them.

Yes, Either place will book it for you. Of course they lead you to the excursion desk but GS will do it too. :thumbsup2

For those wo have booked the cabanas, what did you tip your service person? I just would like a general idea of what to budget in, if we manage to get one of these babies!!!

**now planning on getting to the port at 10am, so I can get onboard ASAP to snag one!!

For those wo have booked the cabanas, what did you tip your service person? I just would like a general idea of what to budget in, if we manage to get one of these babies!!!

**now planning on getting to the port at 10am, so I can get onboard ASAP to snag one!!

This has not really been discussed because many who book the cabanas have concierge on the ship and include it in those tips...
However, we did not have concierge so tipped cash. We gave him $40. We weren't sure what we were supposed to give him so we decided on $10 per person. We didn't ask for a lot. We "summoned" him twice during the day. I don't think there has been a guideline set for this yet. Anyone else have anything?:confused3

We have cabana #7 on the same cruise! :yay:

Yeah, as NAB said, you should join our meet page (you may have already, sorry if that is the case...they have been a little chatty the last few days :rotfl:) We are really excited about the cabana and just hope the weather cooperates!

We have cabana #7 on the same cruise! :yay:

:wave: Well hello there.....what have you been up to the last five years? :lmao: I have fond memories of the Nov '06 Double Dip and what a fun group we had on that cruise!

After reading this thread I am seriously considering this, but we are only a family of 4. Does anyone know if you can share these or if there is a thread for people looking for others to share with?
Thanks!

After reading this thread I am seriously considering this, but we are only a family of 4. Does anyone know if you can share these or if there is a thread for people looking for others to share with?
Thanks!

Go to the 'meets' thread for your cruise and chat up your cruisemates. See if there's anyone you'd be interested sharing with (similar family/kids configuration). We have several pairs of adults who will be sharing in November.

This sounds great! We have 2 fair skinned, red head and 2 toddlers in our group - 4 adults/2 kiddos. My fear is since we are not in concierge level on the Fantasy MV that there will be nothing left for us to even TRY to book. Oh well... We can always Dream for the next cruise. :)

Go to the 'meets' thread for your cruise and chat up your cruisemates. See if there's anyone you'd be interested sharing with (similar family/kids configuration). We have several pairs of adults who will be sharing in November.

Duh. I should have thought of that:upsidedow Thanks!!

Did I read that right that you cannot book until you board? That makes me nervous:scared1: So can you go straight to guest service and book it as soon as you board?

Did I read that right that you cannot book until you board? That makes me nervous:scared1: So can you go straight to guest service and book it as soon as you board?

It's my understanding that unless you are in a concierge room, you can't rent until you are on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter