Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

This is not an aerial view, obviously, but a view from the path near Pelican Plunge looking towards the cabanas on the new part of the family beach (but they have their own private beach). I took this on November 5th, 2010.

MJ

Thanks for posting this! I think some people were under the impression they could sit up in their cabana & watch little ones in the water, but after seeing these up close when we were there last month, I just couldn't see that!

Even IF you have a good view of them, it's a lot of beach (and people) you'd have to go through to get to them in a hurry, if need be!!

I spoke with concierge services about the adding of more people. He said the maximum would be 8 so that isn't bad at all. Happy to see they are addressing this concern.

Cabana.jpg

If this is Cabana 8, I will be very excited.

looks like it! somewhere on the web i saw an aerial photo but i can't find it anymore. It showed all the cabanas - wish I would have kept it! Enjoy!! doesn't look like there are any 'bad' ones!!

I spoke with concierge services about the adding of more people. He said the maximum would be 8 so that isn't bad at all. Happy to see they are addressing this concern.

Good! IMO, that's a reasonable limit.

We were in #7 on the 12th. Great location, not far from anything, and totally worth it. They were indeed checking wristbands to get into the beach area so it truly was a godsend for playing with the kids on the beach and in the water... not crowded at all! We were out there about 9:45 and stayed until 4:00. They even brought a pack n play and our little guy napped in the cabana (I hung out getting burnt on the hammock). It was great!

We were in #7 on the 12th. Great location, not far from anything, and totally worth it. They were indeed checking wristbands to get into the beach area so it truly was a godsend for playing with the kids on the beach and in the water... not crowded at all! We were out there about 9:45 and stayed until 4:00. They even brought a pack n play and our little guy napped in the cabana (I hung out getting burnt on the hammock). It was great!

What do you mean by checking wristbands to into the beach area? Are only so many people allowed on Castaway Cay at a time?

What do you mean by checking wristbands to into the beach area? Are only so many people allowed on Castaway Cay at a time?

Hi Michelle,

They mean that DCL was checking wristbands for those entering the private cabanas area. There is a private section of the beach for the cabana use only. Besides the private cabanas area the rest of Castaway Cay is open for everyone (adult beach is 18 and over).

Hi Michelle,

They mean that DCL was checking wristbands for those entering the private cabanas area. There is a private section of the beach for the cabana use only. Besides the private cabanas area the rest of Castaway Cay is open for everyone (adult beach is 18 and over).

OH! Okay. I was all scared we would have to watch all the fun from the boat if we didn't get off in time. LOL

Wow. My newbie colors are really shining tonight, eh? :rotfl2:

OH! Okay. I was all scared we would have to watch all the fun from the boat if we didn't get off in time. LOL

Wow. My newbie colors are really shining tonight, eh? :rotfl2:

No problem! That's what we are all here for. Without the DIS I would be lost. This is my 9th cruise and I've been on the DIS Boards for years and I am still learning something new all the time.

Very interesting to read about this... thank you everyone for posting. Bummed out that we're not Concierge level and have to make a mad dash to the shore excursion desk, but it sounds like it would make it a more enjoyable day. I burn so easily, but DH loves the sun....kids like to go in & out. Pricey, yet I think I'd enjoy CC that much more!! Plus, knowing you have a spot and it's not a frenzy to get chairs on the beach... I agree it's pricey, but the whole cruise is, but well worth it to us. I just won't play Bingo!

Hi Michelle,

Sorry, yes, I meant into the private area. It was really nice. And the water was not so crowded that we actually had some manta rays out with us!

While I am still excited about these cabanas, we did not rent one last week because they are far from the kids camp. However, I noticed that the family beach is not nearly as crowded now that they encouraged people to go down by Pelican Plunge and Spring a Leak (which is nothing more than a few sprays in the ground :confused:). There were plenty of good spots all day long!!!

I agree....we found the family beach more empty this time around as many more were down at the new area.

This pic was a about 9:45 am which usually has more people around but it slowly filled up over the next 90 minutes but there was still a few left empty.

MJ

Hello everyone! Just wanted to let you know I just returned from a wonderful trip on the Wonder and we got a Cabana on Serenity Bay... and can I just say... WELL WORTH IT! However, for those of you that don't know.... it is only $390 for a Cabana on the adult beach! So if you don't have kids I would highly suggest it! Anyway... would be happy to answer any questions! I will be posting pictures soon. Just got home an hour ago so give me a day or two! :thumbsup2

GREAT NEWS!! We would ONLY rent one on the adults only beach anyway, so this is just an added perk!!

Phew - I finally finished reading this entire thread, and I'm convinced, I'm definitely booking a cabana, we were going to rent equipment and bikes anyways so I'm using that as part of our justification - lol!

I do have a couple of questions that I didn't see on the thread:

1. If (perish the thought) we aren't able to dock on Castaway Cay due to weather, or if we have to dock late/depart early due to weather, will they refund all or part of the cost, depending on the situation?

2. What sand toys were included? I was actually considering packing some beach toys from home because we have piles of it, but if it's included with the cabana, that's one less thing to bring!

3. We're going to be visiting Castaway Cay twice on our cruise, for you Castaway Cay veterans and those who have experienced cabanas, would you book a cabana for both days, or one day, and if one day, which day (first or second)? We're going on the NYE cruise in late December of this year.

I know it's pricey, but with the rentals included, that balances out the money we would have spent on that part...just need to figure out the rest!

Thanks!

Ok... as promised... here is our cabin on Serenity Bay! There are only 4 cabins on the adult beach. They are $390 because they do not have a "private beach" but you still have beach access. IMO... I would not do it any other way from now on. We have officially been spoiled. :goodvibes

Cabin #18 (closest to the restroom)
Here are some pictures of our cabin and the views!
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

View from the side and directly behind the cabin....
7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

This is from the beach... you can see where it is roped off for the cabana guests only.
10.jpg

If you have any questions please ask! I would be glad to help persuade you! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter