Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

We were able to reserve Cabana #6 as Silver level for our 9/26/13 Dream cruise. We had concierge call us twice onboard to see if we intended on keeping the reservation. I thought maybe another family wanted the cabana. As a family of 4, I wanted to extend the opportunity to another family but was not sure if they wanted to share.

It was an awesome experience and we hardly used the cabana. We felt as if the island was just ours. The beach was empty and we wondered where everybody else was.

Has anyone else shared with another family that wasn't traveling with you?

We were able to reserve Cabana #6 as Silver level for our 9/26/13 Dream cruise. We had concierge call us twice onboard to see if we intended on keeping the reservation. I thought maybe another family wanted the cabana. As a family of 4, I wanted to extend the opportunity to another family but was not sure if they wanted to share.

It was an awesome experience and we hardly used the cabana. We felt as if the island was just ours. The beach was empty and we wondered where everybody else was.

Has anyone else shared with another family that wasn't traveling with you?

We did last year 2012 on the Magic out of NYC. We did meet up with them first and we got along great, we are now friends. We could never have gotten the cabana if they hadn't shared :). We each had 2 kids.

Meghatron said:
There's only four cabanas on SB: 18, 19, 20, 21. I can't imagine there's difference between them. I haven't found info about cabanas on DCL's site but a quick Google search will help you.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

The really is no difference been the four cabanas on SB. We just had 19oMh9x the 9/21 sailing and it was fine. Next to the path to the beach and easily accessible.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

We are looking at getting a cabana for our cruise next May....can anyone advise me which one would best suit us...our kids will be 12 & (almost) 10, both confident swimmers. I think they will spend a fair bit of time at Pelican Plunge. They also like playing in the sand and at the waters edge.

Naturally if we could score somewhere not too far away from amenities as well...bonus. But close to Pelican Plunge would be good.....as long as it's n ot too crowded or excessively noisy near it LOL

Cheers guys!

We are going on the Magic the first week of December 2014 - seems so long away - but happy to be going because work schedule forced us to reschedule our May 2014 to December.
Anyhow, traveling in a suite we are hopeful to get a cabana - has anyone stayed the first week of December - any comments on the weather? I know it can be luck of the draw!

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Concierge onboard no longer holds back a family beach cabana, only one at SB. Onboard concierge used to hold one back for concierge guests. Confirmed this is no longer the case.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Concierge onboard no longer holds back a family beach cabana, only one at SB. Onboard concierge used to hold one back for concierge guests. Confirmed this is no longer the case.

Hadn't heard this. Not surprised by this change considering they are now allowing concierge guests to request cabanas through shore side at 150 days out.

Hadn't heard this. Not surprised by this change considering they are now allowing concierge guests to request cabanas through shore side at 150 days out.

They say they are 'noting' the request at 150 days out. Im not sure how much that translates into a definite reservation though.

They say they are 'noting' the request at 150 days out. Im not sure how much that translates into a definite reservation though.

The only way it doesn't turn into a definite reservation is if 20 other concierge staterooms pay in full and request one before you do. When the change was made there was an entire thread discussing how it works and every concierge cruiser who had requested a cabana saw it already reserved when they logged in right at midnight EST.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

We just got off the Wonder 10/12/2013 sailing and had Cabana 14. I can confirm that there are 4 new Cabanas being built, I'll post a picture later after I get home, and that they are not working on them while guests are there.

The Cabana itself was wonderful, although I liked Cabana #5 a little better. Cabana #14 is a bit farther back from the usable water and although you see water out front of it you are not allowed to swim there (there is basically a little 'pond' to the right when looking out from the Cabanas that we were told was too rocky and had no swimming signs posted). With the 4 additional Cabanas being built I'm wondering if they are going to dredge this little 'pond' area out and connect it to the rest of the water?

Here are the pics of the new Cabanas being built and the 'pond' that will be in front of them:

64fl.jpg

6u2q.jpg

g9qs.jpg

And a Panoramic view from our Cabana, #14, and the usable water on the left and the 'pond' on the right.

iult.jpg

I have a question for those of you have been in the cabannas. We may have grandmother join us and although she doesn't need a HA cabanna, she has walking issues due to her feet that are always swollen and a medical issue. If we were to get one of the first 5 cabannas. ..how much walking is "not far" to the restrooms and Cookies Too? What about from the tram stop to the cabannas? Thanks in advance.

I have a question for those of you have been in the cabannas. We may have grandmother join us and although she doesn't need a HA cabanna, she has walking issues due to her feet that are always swollen and a medical issue. If we were to get one of the first 5 cabannas. ..how much walking is "not far" to the restrooms and Cookies Too? What about from the tram stop to the cabannas? Thanks in advance.

We were in #5 and it was like 10 yards to the bathrooms and the food was across from the bathrooms. They also had golf carts that can take you around. We loved having a cabana and will probably always try to get one from now on.

I broke my toe on our sailing and they were able to drive me to the ship on the golf cart. They did tell us it was an exception and they don't do it for everyone, but it obviously can be done when needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter