Castaway Cay parasailing questions

hope23

Mouseketeer
Regarding parasailing on Castaway Cay... if you've done it, what did you think? What was your experience like? Also, I know that the actual parasailing is only for 8 and older, but do you know if they allow children under 8 to ride along in the boat to watch? Thanks!

I LOVED it. Did it last year with my 80 year old father! It was a great experience.

Can't answer the question about the kids in the boat, but my guess is no - the boat is full with the parasailors - its a small boat.

Parasailing is definately alot of fun. Seeing the whole island and the ship from the air is really cool. I would highly reccomend it:thumbsup2

If memory serves me correctly you are not allowed to bring any guests on the boat

Experience is well worth it. Hard to describe how peaceful it is up there. Agree with other posters -- don't know for sure but can't imagine kids would be allowed. Boat is quite full and they would essentially be unsupervised while you are aloft. By all means, use a brief stay at the kids club and have a blast!

I am 32 and My Sister is 48, on our Borther/Sister Cruise a couple years ago I surprized her with it. I knew it was not something that she would ever suggest or think she would have the nerve to do, but knew she would enjoy it and has always been a dream of mine. It was not until we were walking off the gangway till I told her! (I knew the less time for her to think about it the better) We rode tandem and when it was all said and done it was the highlight of the cruise! It was pricey for the lenght of the experience but it was memories that will last a lifetime! Wed took a disposable camera up with us while other riders still in the boat had my digital camera. If you get the chance, DO IT!

We did parasailing on our last cruise and LOVED it! I would definitely recommend it. They will not allow guests onto the boat, but the kids club is available at Castaway Cay, so your child can hang out there while you do the excursion. They have fun activities for the kids right on the beach.

We have parasailed on every visit to CC now because the kids love it so much. It is very similar to riding Soarin' over California at CA Adventure of Epcot. Very peaceful & quiet. Sometimes you can see fish swimming and dolphins chasing your shadow under the water!
They will not allow anyone under 8 on the boat to watch or otherwise. My 6 year old is counting the days until she can finally do it, she is definitely the dare devil of the group!

We have parasailed at CC twice. Loved it both times. :goodvibes

First time, DD was 6 and had to go to the kids club at CC while we did the excursion. She had a blast playing with her friends in the sand and water play areas.

This time DD was 9 and chose to go tandem with her dad - I got to go solo so I could take so photos from the air. :cloud9:

We did it last trip to cc. It was very windy the day we did it and our group of 8 were the only ones that got to go that day, but I feel because of the wind it wasn't as enjoyable because they were fighting the wind so much that we kept dipping down and having to be pulled up again. The very short time he did have us in the air was beautiful.

It was the highlight of our trip! Youngest DS just turned 8 and he is excited to do it on our next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter