Castaway Cay Open?

So glad I am not the only one who thought as I did about these posts. I did notice a few who thought I was MEAN, which is why it took me so long to originally post what I thought. I did not want to come off as uncaring about the cat, but I am cruising in October, I like others here and on the other posts asking about the island have paid for a vacation and are smply looking for info on a place they are visiting.

I did notice a thread where people can post about the cat just this morning, Kind of wondering why someone didn'tpost that before????

Just off the Dream. Not sure if the news is out, but we were able to go to CC on Wednesday (yesterday). Island structures all fine, could see where water had run past the beaches, and much of the foliage was brown from salt water. Fish were swimming around. But Disney did an AMAZING job getting it ready for guests in such a short time (including dredging the canal). Wow, I'm impressed! :thumbsup2

Just off the Dream. Not sure if the news is out, but we were able to go to CC on Wednesday (yesterday). Island structures all fine, could see where water had run past the beaches, and much of the foliage was brown from salt water. Fish were swimming around. But Disney did an AMAZING job getting it ready for guests in such a short time (including dredging the canal). Wow, I'm impressed! :thumbsup2

Yea! Did you get any pictures you can download for us? Not that we're demanding or anythang, we just have high expectations, before you even unpack and get settled.

alf2.jpg

ALF%20I%20Like%20Cats%20too.jpg

ALF!!! I loved that show! He was sooo funny!

I'm glad to hear the ship was able to dock at CC yesterday. I bet the CM 's on the island were sure glad to have guests after what they've been through with Irene! I hope everyone treated the extra special after they worked so hard to get the island ready for guests.

I just want to go on record that I do not condone the eating of cats.

Thank you.

But, what about the CAT???? (just kidding ;) )

Glad you were able to make it and the island is mostly OK.

Now, do you know for sure the canal WAS indeed dredged? Because that is ANOTHER really hot discussion topic right now on these boards . . . :rolleyes1

Did they have the 5K run?

Have just got off the Dream and have to say what a fantastic job the castmembers did geting the island ready for us! We spoke with one of the permanent staff who did stay on the island - he said they spent a day and half non-stop preparing for Irene, moving all the beach chairs, umbrellas etc and boarding up all the buildings, then rode out the storm in the "hardened buildings", then spent the next two days literally re-building. They were due to have a very well earned day off today!!
There was a lot of damage to the island foliage, many brown patches and the sand had obviously drained away from the beach, but overall the island was in excellent shape. The glass-bottom boat trip we were booked on was cancelled due to 'problems with the boat' but we were so pleased to be there that this didn't matter a bit.
They did swap the sea day and CC day to give more time for preparation and when Captain Henry made the announcement at 9.30pm the night before (to cheers in the dining room!) he did say that the channel had been dredged and that work was still on going.
And if you don't want to hear about the black cat look away now.... he is fine, we saw him twice! Once catching the rays on the path and once being petted by a family, looking very content!

This is great news! It sounds like the Cast Members worked their little rears off before and during the hurricane. I hope there are some serious bonuses for those guys. And as for the never to be mentioned feline... :rotfl:

That is too funny!! I'm going to have to show my DH. I love the sense of humor on the DISboards!

So glad to hear things are getting back to normal on CC I can't imagine being on such a small island durring a storm like that....Great work and a big thank you to all the dedicated CM's who make this island something we all consider a little bit ours.......:thumbsup2

Wow - I gotta say that I don't frequent this board all that often - only when I have a cruise planned. I'm feeling mighty unwelcome right now.

I CARE about the cat. I care about animals and I don't understand why people here would go out of their way to be mean about it. I understood that all the PEOPLE had been evacuated or sheltered. I'm not an idiot.

The negative comments were not nice and not necessary. Just walk away from the thread if you can't be civil.

I don't often get my feeling hurt on message boards, but this really hurts. I wouldn't expect it from a group of folks who are just talking about vacation opinions.

I agree since I've been on the board reading comments on certain threads all I can think is "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all."

Call me naive but I really thought Disney fans would keep their rude comments to themselves but I was very wrong. I've followed several threads with rude comments.

I just assumed Disney fans would be concerned for people, animals and Disney property. I cruised during hurricane season and I knew that a storm could possibly prevent my visit to CC, so I felt really bad for the cruisers that were not able to visit CC.

To be honesty I was also concerned about a lizard that I saw at Cookie's while I was eating on Aug. 14, 2011 but I figured people on this board would think I was really crazy.

I also wonder how a duck that would visit the airline check in at The Contemporary is doing. I saw it back in April of 2009 and when I stayed at The Contemporary on Aug. 15-16, 2011, I wanted to ask about the duck.

Forgive me for caring about animals and people.

And in my defense if you read my posts about Casey the cat, I've always said I was concerned about the CM's, crew and was hoping that cruisers would be able to visit CC. I care about all involved, not just the cat.

Stevenpensacola- how wrong to post the picture of Alf (with the hogue roll)!!!

Everyone knows you don't eat cats...........unless you add grilled onions and catsup:rotfl::rotfl2:

Disclaimer (to avoid getting flamed)- I have (and have had) both dogs and cats.

Stevenpensacola- how wrong to post the picture of Alf (with the hogue roll)!!!

Everyone knows you don't eat cats...........unless you add grilled onions and catsup:rotfl::rotfl2:

Disclaimer (to avoid getting flamed)- I have (and have had) both dogs and cats.

So you also eat DOGS? :scared1::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter