Castaway Cay Merchandise

salemk

Mouseketeer
Can you only buy Castaway Cay merchandise on the Island itself or do they also sell the merchandise on the ship? Like towels or shirts, etc.

Only on the island. The ship has ship merchandise and castaway cay has Castaway Cay merchandise. pirate:

I did get a shirt from the ship that was Castaway Cay. A CM did tell me that merchandise is limited on the Island and replenished when the ship comes. I couldn't get what I wanted because the ship prior got it all :(

Yes-- taht has been a bit of a problem in the past-- best bet is to look on board first and then if you see something better on CC you can always return the purchase on the ship--- I have done that before:goodvibes

It used to be exclusively on the island. I've noticed that some CC merchandise was sold on board on our last two cruises (as other posters have also said).

We've also noticed some merchandise at the Character Premiere Outlet Mall near Downtown Disney as well. Also, I recall seeing the CC surfboard pin at various places throughout WDW. Not quite as exclusive as it used to be.

I wonder if they started selling some CC stuff on board for those poor people that end up not making it to CC. Sometimes weather prohibits the ship from docking.

I remember quite a bit of CC merchandise on the Wonder in June. I saw t-shirts, towels, hats, visors, misty fan thingies, etc. There were definitely items on the island that weren't on the ship.

Now I am getting excited about getting some new CC gear. Last time we got a cool tshirt and a hat.

Dang it I am going to have to save some more money.:lmao:

I just got off the Wonder on Sunday, and there was a 4-way rack of Castaway Cay merchandise in Mickey's Mates. However, the merchandise on the ship was not the same as the merchandise on the island. There is still a lot more Castaway Cay merchandise exclusive to the island that you won't find on the ship. If you see something yoou like onboard, you can purchase, and always return if you find something you like better on the island. Have a great cruise!

I wonder if they started selling some CC stuff on board for those poor people that end up not making it to CC. Sometimes weather prohibits the ship from docking.

They did that for us one year.

-nat

The one item that I needed - Castaway Scrapbooking items, were only available for purchase on the island, not in the giftshops (just in case)!

We've been on the Wonder in 2009 and Magic 2010, both times they had a full rack of basic Castaway Cay souviners....tee shirts, towels, saltwater taffy.

love the CC merchandise on the island!! I cannot wait to look again. I got a swim cover up last year!:goodvibes

The one item that I needed - Castaway Scrapbooking items, were only available for purchase on the island, not in the giftshops (just in case)!

that's great to know...I was wondering if there would be any scrapbooking supplies specific for the island

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter