Castaway Cay life ???

KAR3600

DVC Member since 1996 - Cruising is the best part!
Does anyone know what it is like to live there? How long they stay? Medical or Dental emergency care? What happens during storms?

Just wondering? :confused3

Thank you so much for finding that is was very interesting to read

I had some questions for Clayton and he told me that they employ a staff to live there and then on the days that a ship is due in, there is additional staff hired for the day to come over to assist.

Pretty interesting stuff. I mean I love Bahamas and Castaway Cay but it could become boring after awhile I suppose.

While I was getting my mani/pedi on board a few weeks ago, I was told that about eight people live on the island for about three weeks at a time. The rest of the staff are brought from Nassau. However, it's not a huge number because we saw much of the ship team on the island working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter