Castaway Cay Excursions

The Kagers

Earning My Ears
Are any of the Castaway Cay excursions worthwhile? We were thinking of just hanging out, but then saw the Seahorse Snorkel Adventure and thought the kids might enjoy that. Has anyone ever done that at CC? Would kids 5-9 years old enjoy, or should we just relax on the beach?
Thanks!

My personal opinion is the CC is too beautiful to waste time on an excursion. I like to spend time snorkeling in the lagoon and then sitting with a good book in paradise!

We like to take a little time to do one or two things before relaxing just for the memories of doing it on CC. My very first time parasailing was this past Oct. on CC &, as I am afraid of heights & may never do it again, I have the WONDERful memory of doing it there.
Don't get me wrong about saying I'd never do it again- I had a fantastic time & loved it, but I knew it would probably be a once-in-a-lifetime thing for me because of my fear of heights & I wanted to make it with Disney - and especially on Castaway Cay!!

You have a full day & if you think you'd like to experience doing something, then CC is definitely the place to do that. It's so beautiful there.::yes::

I am scared of heights also, but am really thinking about parasailing here. I would love to enjoy the beauty of the island from the air!

On our last trip, we were among the first off the ship and among the last getting back on. We did the last banana boat ride of the day and then just got back on board.

We had time to snorkel in the morning and sun for a while. We ate lunch with the kids and then when they went off with their clubs for a while, we went over to Serenity Bay for some quiet time. I will admit, our time over there was too short. I kept looking at my watch to make sure we didn't miss our banana boat ride.

<font color=navy>I went on the Nature Walk/Kayaking Tour when I was at Castaway Cay. I really enjoyed it. The tour went from 9am to 12:30, and I had plenty of time to have lunch and then relax on the beach afterwards. We had to get back on the ship around 4pm or so.

You can see pics of my excursion if you click on the link in my signature.

Bottom fishing was fun (caught only fish, no bottoms though).

Parasailing was great.

Heard mixed reviews on the Banana boat ride.

Jim

We enjoyed the hike and kayak tour, but we also had parasailing scheduled. We had just enough time to have lunch between the two! Both were great fun! Though I wouldn't do the hike/kayak again, only because we didn't see or hear anything really unsual, and it took too much time from the island..
I agree that the island is too wonderful to spend too much time dedicated to excursions!
We are planning to go on the glassbottom boat in May, but other than that, just soakin' up sun, and mudslides::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter