Castaway Cay Drinking Age?

meagan9848

Mouseketeer
Hi There,

I have a quick question about the drinking age at Castaway Cay...and please don't think I'm a drunk for asking! We're going on our first cruise in May, I'm 20, will I be able to sip a pina colada on the beach, or is the legal age there 21?

I googled, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance...

Thanks...I knew about the ships, but I wasn't sure about the island.

...this in no way affects my excitement :-D

SeaSpray said:
Hi :) The drinking age on the Disney ships, as well as on Castaway Cay, is 21.

That is such a good question...as CC is in the Bahamas and isn't there drinking age 18 y.o.??? :confused3

So even IF DCL owns CC, even though CC is (technically) in the Bahamas, I guess they can set their own rules..huh...

I have no clue... :confused3

Because if you went to a Bar in Nassau you could get served under the age of 21y.o....but on the DCL ships and THEIR Ports...no matter what, it is 21y.o.? :confused3

I am 52 y.o. so it is not a problem for me....I am just wondering....

yeah, I'm not even the drinking type, but a pina colada on the beach just sounds so nice!!

...maybe mom will buy ;)

...and yeah, that's what confused me...the fact that CC is in the Bahamas.

You could always order the virgin ones. They probably taste almost the same. Kathy

You can order a virgin or, as has been the case on many cruise vacations I've been on, if you're not acting like you're on spring break :banana: you may be served. Ultimately it's at the discretion of the person who serves you. You will have more luck if you are with a legal adult and act like one.

Have a great cruise!

Went with DS18 ::MickeyMo , DD19 princess: , & DD20 princess: . We took our own to make our own drinks but they were more often then not served (they were ordering tropical drinks, not wild turkey on the rocks or anything like that). Watch out if you head to Carlos and Charlies (see thread "embarrassing cruise moments" :rolleyes1 ). DD19 was only out of my sight for about 25 minutes and I thought she was dancing. At CC DD19 was asked if she was 18 to get on the Adult only beach but not at the bar :confused3. Now before anyone starts the flaming "whatareyouthinkingtheyaren't21andthat'snotlegal", let me say that they are all in the service and I have a very strong option that if they want to have a beer or drink, and are old enough to serve our country, then they should be able to have a drink.

When I was in the Bahamas many years ago, I was 17. We went on one of those private island, glass bottom boat, all the wine you can drink day cruises. My dad would say, "go get me a glass of wine, so I would...then I'd get one for myself too" Shhhh....don't tell him!! :) No problem getting it. Then on the way back, the wine was flowing freely. I held up a cup and my dad said, "No, she's only 13!" Everyone gasped...then I told them I was really 17, and they were all like..."Oh...go for it!" Whew! I could barely walk off the boat. I asked one of the islanders who was on the boat what the drinking age was, and she sort of shrugged her shoulders and said her brother who was 13 went to the liquor store, then she said, "My baby drinks!" Huh??? Oh well, not sure what the age is on the ship or at Castaway Cay, but I know that it's pretty lax in the Bahamas.

yankeegal64 said:
. . . I have a very strong option that if they want to have a beer or drink, and are old enough to serve our country, then they should be able to have a drink.

While I'm not a drinker myself, I totally agree with you, if they are old enough to serve our country, they are old enough to have drink! God Bless our men/women in the service. :thumbsup2

yankeegal64 said:
Now before anyone starts the flaming "whatareyouthinkingtheyaren't21andthat'snotlegal", let me say that they are all in the service and I have a very strong option that if they want to have a beer or drink, and are old enough to serve our country, then they should be able to have a drink.

Yes, ITA!

On all the cruises I've been on, it's been pretty easy for the 18-year-old crowd to get drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter