Castaway cay cancelations

Kendal

DIS Veteran
Just curious how many people have been denied cc and what time if year??? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We missed CC on the second leg of our B2B at the end of August 2011 due to Hurricane Irene damaging the island.

We missed it too in August 2011 due to Irene.....then our next cruise was from NYC to Canada so this will be our first time to CC!!!!

kristina

We missed it too in August 2011 due to Irene.....then our next cruise was from NYC to Canada so this will be our first time to CC!!!!

kristina

I wish you the best and I hope we get to make it also will my gayer in laws first time

I wish u te best of luck this cruise I also hope we get to make it will be my father in laws first

Been on three cruises, and made it to CC one and a half times! First time the captain tried for two days to get in and didn't. The second, we made it by noon. The last time was perfect. Now we are hoping for a perfect day when we go again in Feb!

Last October, hurricane Sandy, we didn't land anywhere, both CC and the Nassau dock were damaged. The cast members kept saying things like "but we're happy because everyone is SAFE, aren't we?". It makes me think they knew that the Fantasy had been tossed around pretty seriously the day before. Disney gave us 25% off our next 3-day cruise, and we are trying it again this coming October (only dat that works with the kids' school schedule). If at first you don't succeed...

Last October, hurricane Sandy, we didn't land anywhere, both CC and the Nassau dock were damaged. The cast members kept saying things like "but we're happy because everyone is SAFE, aren't we?". It makes me think they knew that the Fantasy had been tossed around pretty seriously the day before. Disney gave us 25% off our next 3-day cruise, and we are trying it again this coming October (only dat that works with the kids' school schedule). If at first you don't succeed...

You must have been a few cruises after us. The 4th night of our Dream cruise was the night Sandy started rolling in. I know the cruise during Sandy had a rough ride(as well as Fantasy.. Which was actually worse) Stay optimistic!! I'm a Floridian and storms aren't quite as frequent and as common as one may think. The chances of you being affected again are slim. And even if you can't stop, well it's still a Disney cruise!! Being on the ship is pretty much my #1 place to be outside of home :)

September 2004 we didn't go to Castaway Cay because of damage from Hurricane Frances
September 2005 we went to Castaway Cay at the beginning of the week because Hurricanes Phillipe and Rita were developing
April 2012 no problems though the day was overcast.

Just got off the Fantasy.. We had to take a detour to Nassau to drop off a sick passenger. Didn't make it to CC until 1 pm. No barbecue. We had fun anyway.

We missed in our 1st leg of a B2B in October 2011 due to a tropical depression. I have been on 4 and been to CC 3 times all in October!

I was on the 12/19/12 cruise and we did not get to CC. We had to drop off a sick passenger and the winds and waves got so bad the Captain tried for about 2 hours from 12-2 and couldn't do it.

29 DCL cruises and we only missed CC two times due to weather (4 of those 29 were itineraries that did not include CC to begin with)...so actually 2 times out of 23 planned visits we didn't make it...not too bad.

MJ

Just got off the Fantasy.. We had to take a detour to Nassau to drop off a sick passenger. Didn't make it to CC until 1 pm. No barbecue. We had fun anyway.

We were on the same cruise. It was kind of a bummer to miss half a day, but the weather was kind of crummy anyway. By the time we left I was kind of chilly. I just hope the passenger we dropped off was OK.

I talked to an officer last night and they said the patient was stable when they were dropped off. I actually thought the weather in CC was perfect, because it was not too hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter