Castaway Cay Cabana's

barrymommy

Earning My Ears
Hello.
I have a few questions regarding the private cabana's on Castaway Cay. Has anyone rented one and would you consider it worth the $$? Could you share what the cost is and what is included with the rental? We will be traveling with my parents, who are in their 60's and thought it may be easier for them to deal with the heat. Also, can you rent them before your cruise so you are set or do you have to do in once you arrive to the island?

This will be our first time at Castaway Cay. Is there anything that is a "must do"? We have heard that you can bring your own snorkel and mask and go in the cove to snorkel for no charge?

Food is all included, right? We only have to pay for alcoholic drinks, correct?

Thanks in advance!

Hello.
I have a few questions regarding the private cabana's on Castaway Cay. Has anyone rented one and would you consider it worth the $$? Could you share what the cost is and what is included with the rental? We will be traveling with my parents, who are in their 60's and thought it may be easier for them to deal with the heat. Also, can you rent them before your cruise so you are set or do you have to do in once you arrive to the island?

This will be our first time at Castaway Cay. Is there anything that is a "must do"? We have heard that you can bring your own snorkel and mask and go in the cove to snorkel for no charge?

Food is all included, right? We only have to pay for alcoholic drinks, correct?

Thanks in advance!

The cost for a cabana on the family beach is $499. This price is for up to 6 people. You can add additional people (up to a maximum of 10 people) for $50 each.

I haven't rented one, but it's my understanding it includes a mini-fridge with sodas, water, juice. Also a CM to assist in getting you there, bringing your food.

Bookings for the cabanas open at the same time your window for excursions opens. Most cabanas are quickly booked at the earliest opening windows for repeat guests/concierge. If one isn't available for you, keep checking (especially close to the final payment date) as some open up as people need to cancel their trips. Also check onboard, to be put on the wait list.

You can bring your own snorkle equipment, if you wish. DCL does supply vests that you must wear while snorkling, but there is no charge for those.

Yes, the food is included in your cruise fare. Just think of it as an extension of the ship.

:cutie:

We rented one on the family beach mainly because I had a bum ankle then and my oldest had a broken arm. It was nice to stay in the shade and elevate my ankle. My oldest's exposure to the sand ws limited as well this way. There were granola bars and fruit, towel sunscreen, floats and inner tubes a hammock, a shower, a safe, small sand toys for the kids. The mini fridge was stocked with bottled Evian water and canned sodas and the kids' favorite part-cold washcloths. You could get as much of that as you wanted. With 5 of us we went through alot of water and even took some back to the ship. The snorkel equipment and bikes was included with the cabana rental. They said the bike rental was for 1 hr, but they were ot strict with that all. My boys rode the bikes 3 times. We were very close to the food so we brought the trays back to the cabana. The passengers with the cabanas had a sectioned off area of the beach for their use. CM's checked in on us to see if we needed anything, clear out food trays and used towels. There was a button we could push to page a CM as well.
We did tip our CM because he did so much for us: carry our trays from the BBQ, brought us bottled water a few times, got our alcoholic drinks for us, etc.
Some people may not think it is worth, but for our situation at the time, much worth it. The kids are now spoiled. We were not able to get one for the MV. I was on at midnight for the platinum booking window and by the time I navigated to that page-first thing I went for- and they were already gone.

If you do not have any children with you, they do have some cabanas on the adult beach at Serenity Bay-just no snorkel equipment there, at least they weren't offered the one time we were there. Those go for $399 for up to 4 people and then you can add extra for $50 each.

Hope that helps

Yes, I am seeing that the cabanas may be hard to get....especially because we are first time cruisers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter