• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castaway Cay Cabana Occupancy Question

GoMegGo

Mouseketeer
I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is "yes," but since I've never taken a cruise on DCL, I thought I'd ask the experts in case any one has personal experience with this situation.

Do infants count toward the occupancy of the cabanas? I'm used the WDW occupancy guidelines (1 child under 3 does not count toward the occupancy number). They obviously count when booking the stateroom, but will they be required to have a wristband for the Castaway Cay Cabanas?

Including the infant, we will have 11 people in our travel party. Assuming he counts toward the occupancy, we will try to book the large cabana or 2 cabanas.

Including the infant, we will have 11 people in our travel party. Assuming he counts toward the occupancy, we will try to book the large cabana or 2 cabanas.

Infants count so 2 cabanas or the Grand Cabana are your options. Are you Concierge?

Last edited:
Infants count so 2 cabanas or the Grand Cabana are your options.

And even if the infant is the only child, Serenity Bay is not an option for whichever one the infant would be in if you do two.

And even if the infant is the only child, Serenity Bay is not an option for whichever one the infant would be in if you do two.
We wouldn't be looking at Serenity Bay. We would hopefully be able to get 2 side-by-side on the family beach. There will be several children.

We wouldn't be looking at Serenity Bay. We would hopefully be able to get 2 side-by-side on the family beach. There will be several children.

Ok, wasn't sure. I've heard of people who had an infant only and thought they could do a SB cabana. (And have seen people who thought they could bring an infant on Serenity Bay. Also not allowed.) So better to have the information out there. :)

Just to set expectations - unless you're platinum or concierge, the odds of you getting 1 pavilion much less 2 are almost non-existent. They're almost always sold out by the time even Gold gets to book.

You probably want to call DCL to discuss.

Just to set expectations - unless you're platinum or concierge, the odds of you getting 1 pavilion much less 2 are almost non-existent. They're almost always sold out by the time even Gold gets to book.

You probably want to call DCL to discuss.

That was my thought. I was laughing at OPs comment. I mean anything can happen, but getting two cabanas let alone two next to each other...
I don't know what the rules are for booking the family cabana. That might be the best to aim for.

That was my thought. I was laughing at OPs comment. I mean anything can happen, but getting two cabanas let alone two next to each other...
I don't know what the rules are for booking the family cabana. That might be the best to aim for.
All we know for sure is that it is OPs first DCL voyage. So unless someone else is traveling concierge or platinum the assumption that getting 2 Cabanas, side by side, as an impossible task is about right.

Just a thought maybe schedule the infant in the nursery Castaway day. You could bring him/her out on the island for a few pictures and then back to the nice air conditioned nursery.
May not be your thing but wanted to let you know this option

We have two concierge rooms, so I don't think getting two cabanas is completely out of the realm of possibilities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter