Castaway Cay Cabana Info

poohs4me

DIS Veteran
I know they are excruciatingly painful to try and get but I am trying to find information on them and my search only gives me 10 pages of info and none is what I am looking for. Specifically I remember when they first started you could fit x number of people in them but for extra you could add extra people. Also what are the other add ons. Is a cabana host still extra? Pointing me to threads would be fine or telling me how to not only get 10 pages in my search would be ok as well lol

Cabana hosts aren't extra except you should tip them. They should come by to take drinks orders etc as they take the place of the drink servers on the public beach on CC.

The family beach cabanas include 6 people and you can add 4 for $50 each. Serenity cabanas include 4 and you can add 2 for $50 each.

There's also a handy little button you can press if you need anything. We had a cabana last week and it was awesome!

We have one rented for this coming week. I was told a Cabana person will be available to drive you to and from locations on the island such as Cookies 1&2 for food. They also give you free floaties for everyone in the Cabana along with free bike rental for everyone for up to a hour and also free snorkel equipment for everyone.

They stock a mini fridge with soda and water and have granola bars and chips available in your cabana. You can also order up a alcoholic package ahead of time if you wish. There is a safe in each cabana along with a outdoor shower and hammock. A ceiling fan is also in each cabana and they supply sunscreen too.

Thank you. Now I just hope I can get one. I am not concierge but am Platinum so we will see........

We have one rented for this coming week. I was told a Cabana person will be available to drive you to and from locations on the island such as Cookies 1&2 for food. ...

The entrance to the cabanas is right where the restaurant/soda machines/restroom is so you don't really need a ride. The cabana person is usually very accommodating though and they can make arrangements to pick you up if needed but it would be a super short ride.

Cabana service is much better now than it was even 2 years ago. The addition of 4 new cabanas made the walk to Cookies Too and the restrooms LONG... So now, there are extended golf carts with drivers availble to shuttle guests to the snorkeling area, bike rentals, etc. It appears that restrooms are being added to the area around cabana #16 but I cannot confirm that since we didn't ask the cabana host specifically. We saw a poured concrete pad with plumbing pipes.

The cabanas lagoon at cabanas #14-21 is now much deeper than before and will allow all day use. It must have been dredged out because that area previously dried up with low tide. There is also a sand bar jutting out between the lower numbered cabanas 1-12 and the higher numbered cabanas #14-21. This is manned by a lifeguard and has a volleyball net set up. There is also a collection of inner tubes and floats in front of cabana #15.

In the past, We preferred the lower numbered cabanas but now we really like the higher numbered ones for the privacy and the nice quiet lagoon area.

I was lucky enough to find one yesterday for my cruise, even though I'm silver. It's in Serenity Bay, which isn't ideal since we are sailing with our 20 month old daughter and my 11 year old brother. Does anyone know if there are ever people looking to trade a family beach cabana for an adult beach one? And, if yes, is that something that Disney will facilitate? Thanks!

I was lucky enough to find one yesterday for my cruise, even though I'm silver. It's in Serenity Bay, which isn't ideal since we are sailing with our 20 month old daughter and my 11 year old brother. Does anyone know if there are ever people looking to trade a family beach cabana for an adult beach one? And, if yes, is that something that Disney will facilitate? Thanks!

you will not be able to bring the kids to Serenity Bay, they will have to go to the kids club or stay on the ship

Thank you, I guess I need to figure out what that all means before next year.. how far ahead of a trip does the booking window open?
It's based on your Castaway Club level (that's the former DCL cruisers "club")

If your reservation is Concierge or you are a Platinum Castaway Club member, the window opens at 120 days out from your cruise.

Gold CC member - 105 days out
Silver CC member - 90 days out
First time DCL cruiser - 75 days out

cheek your cruise group and maybe someone there will want to make a switch.

i was able to book cabanas at about 60 days out on our recent b2b. got them for both cruises but i released them back as i don't think that they are necessary for us. it would have been a waste BUT just wanted everyone to know that there is hope to get them even when all booking windows are open.

They also give you free floaties for everyone in the Cabana

So our experience with this is that there is a big open bin in front of the cabanas (shared) that have the floats and tubes. You just grab as you need. They don't give them to you, but you also don't have to go to the rental spot to get them.

Snorkel equipment, you have to go get from the rental area. Which makes sense since the snorkel area isn't right in front of the cabanas anyway.

Thank you all for the information. I hope I get lucky but I have seen that most are already taken by shore side concierge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter