Castaway Cay Bikes For New Rider

Embraer

Mouseketeer
Looking forward to our stop-off in CC even more now as our 5year old took matters into his own hands today and demanded we removed the stabilisers from his bike as he said he didn't need them anymore! Guess what, he didn't?!

My question, and I've looked on many different boards, is how suitable by weight and height are the Castaway bikes for my little guy?

DS was 5 the first time we went to CC and DH rented bikes for the two of them. He didn't have a problem.

It took us forever to get our youngest son to ride a bike ....used our upcoming cruise as a bribe...... no go...eventually on his own he learned about a month before our cruise.

We rented bikes at Castaway and rode to the tower and back...he had more problems getting his helmet to fit right than riding. I was so surprised!! Hopefully you have no problem. I was waiting for one and was amazed that it was such a non issue!! Hope you have this same luck!!

sigh...until I get my tiny url figured out ((that I was thankfully informed of a few minutes ago..)) Use this link to get to our cruise video and fast-forward to 2:13 it will show a picture of the bikes. My son was 7 then, but he is tall. As a bonus...there are TONS of bikes at the check out area..and YOU get to go around and try and pick which one works best for each of you. Good luck and Enjoy!! :yay:

DD had just learned how to ride when we went.. I was yelling at people "watch out new rider" people cheered her on and moved out of her way :)

Thanks for the responses guys. We've visited CC before but have never had reason to check the bike sizes. Dumb really as kids do grow up :)

Jaymepops, lovely videos, were the kids bikes the type where if you move the pedals backwards the brake comes on? This is a very "American" type of bike which he might find a little interesting the first time he rides it as we don't have bikes like that in the UK

Also what are those cool goggles your kids are wearing, think our eldest would love a pair of those

... were the kids bikes the type where if you move the pedals backwards the brake comes on? This is a very "American" type of bike which he might find a little interesting the first time he rides it as we don't have bikes like that in the UK...

All of the bikes are that way. I had to get use to them, especially when starting up again.

Thanks for the responses guys. We've visited CC before but have never had reason to check the bike sizes. Dumb really as kids do grow up :)

Jaymepops, lovely videos, were the kids bikes the type where if you move the pedals backwards the brake comes on? This is a very "American" type of bike which he might find a little interesting the first time he rides it as we don't have bikes like that in the UK

Also what are those cool goggles your kids are wearing, think our eldest would love a pair of those

Yes, that's how the brakes were on the bikes. They do have plenty that are smaller too and many with training wheels as well, just in case.

Glad you liked the video...the goggles I believe we got at Target...I am going to be getting the beach stuff out here shortly for our visit to the beach next week. I'll find them and let you know the name/brand name on the side of them and see if I can't find a link to them! :cool1:

My 6-year-old was newly off her training wheels, as well, when we visited Castaway Cay. I made her use the rental with the training wheels anyway because I didn't want to deal with scraped elbows and knees ruining the rest of her day playing in the water.

Looking forward to our stop-off in CC even more now as our 5year old took matters into his own hands today and demanded we removed the stabilisers from his bike as he said he didn't need them anymore! Guess what, he didn't?!

Stabilisers? Thats the first time I ever heard someone refer to them as stabilisers! Theyre normally known as training wheels. :lmao: Anyway, glad to hear your little one doesnt need training wheels anymore. Yay! :cool1: I cant wait to bike ride around castaway cay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter