• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castaway Cay 5k

I did it last summer. Be prepared for the heat. There is not much shade where you run but it was great fun.

Check out the "Official" CC 5K thread for lots of good info and personal experiences.

MJ

are they still giving out medals? There are conflicting stories about this.

Dream 2/9 yep, medals. No certificates, but medals. And the bib number of course.

Do they let kids run this? DD and DS love to run. It would be cool to have them run it with Papa!

It's officially for 12 and up. On my day there was a parent with a younger child, and I believe (she was being secretive but I was sitting right there) the CM told the parent she would get the child a bib number later, but that the child couldn't *officially* do the run. The child went with the parent, but later on I passed them (shocking because I'm slow). The child was very unhappy to be jogging, the parent was unhappy with the child...it all made me very glad my son hadn't wanted to get up that early.

Dream 2/9 yep, medals. No certificates, but medals. And the bib number of course.

It's officially for 12 and up. On my day there was a parent with a younger child, and I believe (she was being secretive but I was sitting right there) the CM told the parent she would get the child a bib number later, but that the child couldn't *officially* do the run. The child went with the parent, but later on I passed them (shocking because I'm slow). The child was very unhappy to be jogging, the parent was unhappy with the child...it all made me very glad my son hadn't wanted to get up that early.

Thanks for this. DD will be 12 by then and she is on the track team in her MS, so that was why I thought she would like it. DS will only be 11 by then though so he probably wouldn't be allowed to run. I was just asking for our older two, no way the little ones could do it. My oldest both run in races so that is why I thought it might be fun. Good to know it might still be an option for DD next year though. It might be nice for her and her dad to have something to do together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter