Castaway Cay 5K

Just got off the Wonder Sunday, Jay did the last 5k for the wonder on that cruise. He's going to the Magic next and will continue the 5k there. We asked if anyone would be taking his place on the Wonder, he said not at this time, nobody else runs...There was a group of about 15 who ran, no walkers but they were welcome to participate.

Just got off the Wonder Sunday, Jay did the last 5k for the wonder on that cruise. He's going to the Magic next and will continue the 5k there. We asked if anyone would be taking his place on the Wonder, he said not at this time, nobody else runs...There was a group of about 15 who ran, no walkers but they were welcome to participate.

Thanks very much for the update. We'll definitely hook up with Jay on Jan. 24! :thumbsup2

So, will he be on the 1/10 Magic? I'm SO hoping to run with him! I'm going to start training for my first marathon this summer - it will be the Disney 2010 marathon!! A 5K on Castaway Cay would be SO awesome!!! (A 10K would be better!! But, I'll take what I can get!!)

I'll be on the double dip this Sat:santa: . I hope he does the 5k 2x that week. Where does the run go? I hope there's bar (I mean, water station) along the way.( hehehehe) I'll let you guys know.

We just got off the Magic on 10/18/08 and on Friday (10/17/08) they had the 5K scheduled for CC.

I'll be on the double dip this Sat:santa: . I hope he does the 5k 2x that week. Where does the run go? I hope there's bar (I mean, water station) along the way.( hehehehe) I'll let you guys know.

I'll be on that cruise, too. That'd be great if he does it twice.

Thank you so much for the walker info. I love to do 5ks, but I'm a power walker, not a runner and really wanted to do the CC 5k on our cruise that leaves Saturday. I can't wait!

Just off the Magic and no 5k this week, or at least no one in the gym knew anything about one! Maybe Jay will continue on the Magic long enough for me to do one.

^^
check the navagator, thats where the 5k is listed. It was at 8:30 am. People in the gym don't always know what else is going on..On a side note..we wanted to run on deck 4 rather than on the treadmill. parts of Deck 4 were closed off most of our cruise, there was work being done daily.

The family & I cruised with Jay on the magic in August just before the re-po back to the Carribbean. And, the DW & I did a 4-nt get away last month on the Wonder, and lo & behold, he's pretty much the 1st CM we met after we boarded. :thumbsup2 We were very surprised to see him, as when we left in August, he told us that he was supposed to remain on the Magic.

When on the Wonder early last month, he mentioned that he was headed back to the Magic about now. (I think he told me 13th Dec) He is an avid runner, and I know organized the 5km run when we were at Castaway Cay.

Anyway, say hello to him for me. Just tell him that the guy that likes JD & Diet Coke says hello, also the same guy that gave him a real hard time about not having the Olympics in Diversions on in August. He will definitely remember! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

here's a message I got from Jay

"Hey all be on the mag till feb 7 then won. Mar 29 later buddy"

for everyone who wants to know and I don't know if he means he will be on the Wonder till March 29 or getting on the wonder, so for you people going on the wonder if he is there you will get him if not then he is prob on vacation at that time:goodvibes

I'll be on the doubledip and am looking forward to one or more 5K's as well. I'll be sure to wear my W.I.S.H. visor (bright green) and maybe my WISH t-shirt as well.

I hope it means he'll be on the Wonder between 2/7 and 3/29. My Wonder cruise will set sail 3/19 and I'd love to do the 5K!

^^
check the navagator, thats where the 5k is listed. It was at 8:30 am. People in the gym don't always know what else is going on..On a side note..we wanted to run on deck 4 rather than on the treadmill. parts of Deck 4 were closed off most of our cruise, there was work being done daily.

I will have to get ours out, I swear my wife and I both looked and that is why we ended up calling the gym about it. :sad1: Did it happen since we were late getting onto the island with the wind ans waves taking longer to dock? I don't think we were cleared until 9:30 or so best I remember.

And I agree about the deck 4. I hit my head in the gym and hate treadmills anyway. One cool sidenote. I took our Garmin 305 and I have routes of running around the ship in the Atlantic. Looks cool on the map. Took forever for the watch to find itself, but once it did, looks pretty neat.

I am subscribing to this thread! We are cruising on 1/11/09.......immediately after finishing our FIRST Disney Marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that there is a 5k at cc, because we will probably need a good stretching!!!

I didn't want to make a new thread for this but, Jay messaged me today

he says HI to everyone on the disboards:goodvibes

We did a run on the deck on Sunday at 8:30 since we didn't arrice at the port until 9:30. Jay decide to do the 5k run at CC on Friday. Should be fun.

We did run on CC on Friday morning, but it was a 9:30 start due to docking at around 9am.

I had a chance to talk to Jay a little afterward and he says that there is someone on the Wonder who is planning on running the 5K's while he's on the Magic, so that is potentially very good news for those who will be on the Wonder while Jay is on the Magic!

He said that Friday was the most people he's ever had. :thumbsup2

To anyone interested, since Jay's departure from the Magic a Cm named Mark has taken over. We were about 8-12 runners, and the route is a lot of fun. However we were kinda left behind as Mark kept up with the guys up front, but to be fair he did greet us on our arrival to the ship. I think Disney should do a better job of advertising this on board because it could be a lot of fun with many participants. I am glad to have done it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter