Castaway Cay 5k - Later in the Day?

Mamapapa

DIS Veteran
I was debating doing this as a 1st 5k race for DS9 and I, but we have parasailing reservations from 9-10am. Has anyone ever run the course on their own later in the morning? Do they take the course markers down as soon as the last person finishes, or could DS9 and I do it alone at like 11am? I know it won't be officially timed or anything, but would still be fun to be able to claim we did it!!!

I was debating doing this as a 1st 5k race for DS9 and I, but we have parasailing reservations from 9-10am. Has anyone ever run the course on their own later in the morning? Do they take the course markers down as soon as the last person finishes, or could DS9 and I do it alone at like 11am? I know it won't be officially timed or anything, but would still be fun to be able to claim we did it!!!

The course is simple. It starts at the bike rental by the family beach, goes out to the runway, around the bike loop to the observation tower and out to the end of the runway by Serenity Bay. Then you just turn around and follow the same route in reverse back to the start to complete the 5k.

So does that mean people do run it later in the day? All those areas are open (bike rental by family beach, runway, bike loop, observation tower and runway by Serenity Bay), so I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed for people to run the course unofficially later in the day.....

I'm just curious if anyone on here has actually done it?

After doing a quick search (Search This Forum in the upper right) I found this thread that has answers to almost every CC 5K question you might have: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....astaway+cay+5k.
The answer for my question is not in there. I used the search function, skimmed that thread and found no mention of anyone ever trying to do the run at any time other then the scheduled time Disney runs it. I know people have a pet peeve about people not using the search function, but my pet peeve is people who don't read the entire post before jumping to the conclusion that the OP didn't use the search function.

Doesn't matter, no one has answered my question so I guess everyone has only run it during the scheduled time. I'll just wait until my cruise to find out myself and then post my results in case anyone else in the future is looking for this same info....

The answer for my question is not in there. I used the search function, skimmed that thread and found no mention of anyone ever trying to do the run at any time other then the scheduled time Disney runs it. I know people have a pet peeve about people not using the search function, but my pet peeve is people who don't read the entire post before jumping to the conclusion that the OP didn't use the search function.

Doesn't matter, no one has answered my question so I guess everyone has only run it during the scheduled time. I'll just wait until my cruise to find out myself and then post my results in case anyone else in the future is looking for this same info....

I don't have the answer to your question, but generally speaking there's nothing that will stop you from running it at another time. Something to consider, you will find more bike and possibly tram traffic later since everyone will be on the island already. Another thing to consider is that it might be super hot later in the day. I ran it last January at the posted time and was plenty warm by the end. The course is pretty sheltered and it can get steamy on that airstrip!

Regardless of what you decide, have a great time at CC!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter