Castaway 5k

Fun!! This is the first I've heard of it... I'm doing it if they have it on the Western we're doing in February. :)

Pouncing pluto, I'm on that same cruise, and if they don't do this 5k I would love to get together to do a run together anyway!

To all:

A huge thank you for the encouragement to "go for it" & do the fun run (Jan 11th- 15th on the Wonder) as this will also be my very first trip to WDW / DCL & Castaway Cay! :woohoo:

-
Kris

Kris! I am with you! We will be on the Wonder on 1.11 as well! We will be finishing the marathon (our very first) and then we will head straight for the boat! I can't wait!

Yes, we are interested! My entire family is going 16 of us......and 5 of us are runners, so we would LOVE to do the 5k with ya!

I'm on the Magic 7 day Eastern on Feb. 14! I SOOOO hope they do the CC 5k on this trip!

Anyone out there done this in '09 yet???

I did this 5k on the Wonder on 01/13.

It was fun. Very unofficial, and very low key, but we had a good time!

Oh, I hope, hope, hope that a 5k would be available on our upcoming March Wonder cruise. My husband would be thrilled with this.

By the way, he's also running the Princess marathon.

On our cruise a couple of weeks ago, sign-up was at Diversions. The run seems to be fairly popular.

I did the 5k over the X-mas '08 cruise. I tried to take pics while running. Jay is the guys with the blue polo on. The one that kept passing by me.

Great pics! Tough to take pictures while running and you kept pace with that group in front of you! Impressive! I'd have stumbled and tripped many times - or annoyed my wife trying to get the best focus on the camera. ;)

Too kewl, but I think Jay is on the Wonder. Anyone know anything about the Magic doing these 5ks?

Pub Master Jay was the main organizer of the 5k run. Now, I'm not a runner, :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: but thought he was one of the best CM's we ever came across.

I have it on good authority, that he is no longer with DCL! :sad1:

Check this thread out:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2055098

A few of us have sent letters / e-mails to save Jay. I hope you will join us!
He is a fantastic guy! (Even though he never did manage to get the Olympics on the TV's in Diversion when we cruised with him in August!) :happytv:

People run that far on vacation? Is there an umbrella drink waiting at the end or something?:hyper:

I am SO sorry to tell all of you that Jay (the amazing marathon runner who organized these runs) is no longer with DCL
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

It was very recent/sudden and from what I understand, not his choice. I have heard through the grape vine that he really wants to return. He seems to be loved by all (except someone in supervision - it appears)

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that the wonderful, amazing, terrific,
CC5K is not going to be offered without Jay. How many marathon runners work on a disney cruise, and are willing to volunteer to do this?
Even if it is offered- it's not JAY!

if you haven't already checked out this thread- please read!

And if you wouldn't mind, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE email DCL. Let them know your wonderful experiences with jay and how much the 5K really ment to you. It's a long shot, but we may be able to change DCL's mind if enough "consumers" voice their wishes.

WE WANT JAY BACK- "make it so"

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2055098
I posted their "contact us" page on this link.
It will only take you 2 minutes- and you could make a difference

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter