• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cast Question

gofeands

Earning My Ears
Hi All, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so if it is not, I apologize. My darling husband to be (for now) got angry and punched a wall this evening. Six hours of ER witing time later, he now has a broken hand and a cast. How much will this prevent him from doing at Disney (aside from playing golf which I say serves him right!!!)? Will he be able to do any rides?

He will probably not be prevented from riding anything by the CMs, but that doesn't necessarily mean that riding would be a good idea for some attractions. There is no list of things that will be off-limits with a cast. Depending on his particular cast, the CM at the attraction may tell him he can't ride some of the wilder things - especially things that have a great deal of movement, like Star Tours, Dinosaur or Primeval Whirl. I have not heard of anyone with an arrm cast being told they can't ride. But, it is always a possibility and would be for his/other guests' safety if he is told not to ride.
The more wild rides have a little red triangle icon marking them on the park maps. If you want more information about the individual rides and why they have warnings, there is a link to the Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities for each park in the disABILITIES FAQs thread near the top of this board. Pretty much, WDW puts out the warning and it's up to you to decide if the warning applies to you. The red triangle icon is also on a sign outside of the line for each attraction with a small description of the ride.

He should check with his doctor about which rides he should avoid to avoid further injury. Some of the more wild rides have a lot of sudden changes in direction, which may bump his arm around a lot (look for the ones that are listed as "turbulent")

He shouldn't be restricted to much. They might ask him to sit with the cast on the outside on like RnR or some not so tame rides. Just so he doesn't smack someone with it. Working at Six Flags thats what we did but when I worked at ToT we didn't have a problem with it. It might be easier for him to put it on the outside so that it is more comfortable for him as well.

Three years ago, my husband severly sprained his ankle which ended up in a cast for 4 weeks. We went to a small park not to far, Holiday World, and he was aloud to do anything he wanted. Since his own foolishness got him in his position it did serve him right to have to miss the water park. But on the positive side, we did get to go to the front of all the lines.

But on the positive side, we did get to go to the front of all the lines.

Just to avoid confusion, having a cast of any kind, a wheelchair, an ECV, or a Guest Assistance Card (GAC) does not give front of the line at WDW.

Three years ago DD13 did WDW with her arm in a cast. The only place she had trouble was at the pool. Otherwise she rode all the coasters with no problem

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter