Cast members leading the crowd into MK

winifred

Earning My Ears
I wasn't aware of this prior to this AM, but saw cast members leading crowds into MK this morning. I can only assume this is in response to the Frozen mayhem. We had an early adr at CP, so took this at the rope to Liberty Sq. It was quite a sight to see. (I hope this works! Haven't posted a photo to the board yet!)
image_zps4fdcc920.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

They'll need to keep doing this when 7 dwarfs Minetrain opens up at the end of the month too. Good thing it is around the same area.

They'll need to keep doing this when 7 dwarfs Minetrain opens up at the end of the month too.

They should've been doing this for TSMM back during the legacy FP- days, and probably still now. A couple months back a lady behind me in line for Sophia the First was talking on the phone about being knocked down by some people heading to the ride. She had to receive first aid and was scraped pretty badly on her legs. :worried:

yeah, this is a recent change due to the people sprinting like madmen to get to see Anna and Elsa. I imagine it will remain for as long as the insanity surrounding them and the SDMT remains.

They should've been doing this for TSMM back during the legacy FP- days, and probably still now. A couple months back a lady behind me in line for Sophia the First was talking on the phone about being knocked down by some people heading to the ride. She had to receive first aid and was scraped pretty badly on her legs. :worried:

They did do this for a good while for TSMM. I don't know why they stopped as it is still popular.

They did do this for a good while for TSMM. I don't know why they stopped as it is still popular.

They stopped at HS as they do not do a rope drop anymore. People are no longer held at the rope so the turnstiles meter how many people can get into the studios at one time. It makes it much more orderly than the cast members walking. They now also usually open a bit early to ease the flow.

OP I had to post when I noticed that you are from Bangor! I live about an hour from there, but was in "the big city" today for a shopping day! Cold and rainy here today, you are in the right place lol!

Funny to see!

It definitely makes sense! In all my trips I've only seen it done at AK, but I think it's a better idea to have it done like this than have people running! In bosox's most recent trip video he has a part of people running to Norway for the Frozen girls and it's insane!! Not a lot of people, but still ridiculous!

SAFETY FIRST! :)

It's defintely a change. I have seen first-hand how this changes the mayhem that is the Frozen m&g dash. It's still insane, but a more controlled insane.

I was wondering when they were gonna do this. They still do this at Carsland. CMs will even lead the crowds through the entire queue for Radiator Springs Racers.

How long does it take for the masses on Main Street to filter through to Fantasyland and leave a reasonable path of access from say, Tomorrowland to Frontierland?

We usually start in Tomorrowland so we enter on the right hand side of the park, but if we wanted to leave Tomorrowland and head over to Frontierland at around 9.20 am, is it still going to be difficult to get through the Main Street area?

WDW has been leading the RD crowds into the parks whenever they have a new and therefore very popular attraction, for years.

Some times they walk them part way into the parks, sometimes the attraction CM's will come to the rope and walk with the crowds to the attraction to stop racing.

AKK

Nothing was as crazy as the Harry potter rope drop that I experienced when it was still in soft opening. My cousin still has scars on the backs of his ankles from getting stepped on.

IF you think our rope drops are crazy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRsJLHBri_8

This is a typical rope drop in Tokyo.

I guess I don't see an issue? Maybe I am not from the 1840's when running didn't exist?

Knock someone down and your kicked out of the park and that will end the dangerous part of everyone pushing each other over.

Personally I feel that there could be more issues with walking everyone than running as people try to push there way in front of others and everyone in the back trying to push the person in front of them forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter