Cast Member discount question

danv3

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone know whether the CM family discount is on top of the "regular" incentive?

So AKV would be $104-$8 = $96 with 15% off = $81.60/point. Is that right? Does that apply to the 100 point offer as well? :confused3

I don't believe a CM discount can be combined with incentives offered to the general public. At least that is what I have heard in the past.

I got the $10 off per point for SSR and the 07 points with no Dues. Then my discount. I couldnt get the $500 Gift card though. The discount is no more though as of june 30 for cast members.

We got SSR IN May 08 at $104pp - $10pp and 25% off CM discount. No $500 visa and we had our 07 points available right away.

When we bought in in 2005 we got the current incentive plus the CM discount. We got the $10 per point incentive, plus the 15% discount. It saved us $6,000. I heard recently the CM DVC discount had ended. Did they start it up again.

We got SSR IN May 08 at $104pp - $10pp and 25% off CM discount. No $500 visa and we had our 07 points available right away.

This is correct you get your discount and an incentive so no more than two incentives (considering a discount as an incentive) per transaction.

I heard it was because they don't want to discount the BLT. They feel sales will be brisk and can sell and sell out at full price.

Dennis-

I heard it was because they don't want to discount the BLT. They feel sales will be brisk and can sell and sell out at full price.

Dennis-

I'd rather think it's because it was too good a deal (since I got in on it). ;)

Still, since they haven't even announced BLT yet, maybe there's more to the story -- they could have simply cut off the discount the day BLT went on sale, or said that the cast discount is good for AKV and SSR but not BLT, etc. I wonder if they found it too hard to police the cast members (since they're not allowed to rent points, etc).

Thanks for all the replies. If the discount is gone, I guess I'll be looking at buying resale...

Cast member discount is NOT gone! We bought in last night and received the cast member discount. My parents are DVC members and both my mom and DH's dad are cast members. We had a choice between the referral incentives or cast member discount. We got the $8 off per point, plus 15% discount, and the developer's points. We could not get the $500 gc, which was okay with me. But since we put the down payment on our Disney visa we got 0% financing for 6 months. We'll probably pay off the disney loan and put it all on our disney cc so we can get the rewards dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter