• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cast member ddp discount for guests

Ticket purchase is not required. Most CMs get discounted tickets as stand alones.

Current promo ends 3-23.

I am staying on a CM friends and family in an AoA Cars suite 5/18-25 and it was discounted 40% with no discount on tickets or dining.

I called today about tickets and happened to ask if, by chance, there was any news on the dining plan offer?

The new deal I got was 50% off the room (yes, 50% off a Cars suite!!!!) and 15% off DDP. I did not have to purchase tickets (there is not additional ticket discount, but I was told that the CM could purchase tickets for me at a 10% discount at Company D...). Super deal. Made my day.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am staying on a CM friends and family in an AoA Cars suite 5/18-25 and it was discounted 40% with no discount on tickets or dining.

I called today about tickets and happened to ask if, by chance, there was any news on the dining plan offer?

The new deal I got was 50% off the room (yes, 50% off a Cars suite!!!!) and 15% off DDP. I did not have to purchase tickets (there is not additional ticket discount, but I was told that the CM could purchase tickets for me at a 10% discount at Company D...). Super deal. Made my day.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

that is great! Good for you! :thumbsup2
I will call tomorrow and see if anyting is avaiiilable for our dates in April! Thanks

RomeGal.. I too will be there CSR 5/18-5/23 DD is doing DCP. I have never done a Dining plan before. What would the cost end up being per person? any idea?

We traveled with a WDW CM in Jan. Got 60 % off the room and 60% off dining plan. It was great!

We have traveled with her before and the rates really do vary. We have always seemed to get some type of discount though.

RomeGal.. I too will be there CSR 5/18-5/23 DD is doing DCP. I have never done a Dining plan before. What would the cost end up being per person? any idea?

I cannot remember exactly (I have the per day written down at the office) but it was like $45/day for adults and $16/day for kids. When I calculated the OOP, our costs were almost $1000. Regular DP was $1080, so since we aren't soda drinkers or dessert eaters it made more sense to do OOP (we'd rather have a beer with dinner than a brownie after ;) ) - but this made the dining plan $890 or something like that. PLUS another 10% off the already deeply discounted room! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

That totally made my day so I encourage everyone to call and check about the new CM F&F offer.

ETA: We are not traveling WITH the CM - but she will go show her ID for us before we arrive... the actual *CM* discount (when he/she is staying on property with the group) is much deeper than the F&F deal but I am super happy that we are getting 8 days/7nights in a family suite, 7 day passes, and the DDP for 2 adults, 2 children (7&8) for $3200. Regular rate was $4700+

Thanks so much for all the updating and information It is VERY helpful... :grouphug: :cheer2: :grouphug: :wizard:

I called first thing this morning not only did I get the 15% off the dining plan, but we also got an additional 10% off our room bringing it from 40% to 50%. Thanks you all for your help and keep calling for the best rates as if I did not call I would not have gotten the additional 10% and it was limited availability to it pays to call often!
thanks again!
:goodvibes: :grouphug:

I called first thing this morning not only did I get the 15% off the dining plan, but we also got an additional 10% off our room bringing it from 40% to 50%. Thanks you all for your help and keep calling for the best rates as if I did not call I would not have gotten the additional 10% and it was limited availability to it pays to call often!
thanks again!

YAY! That's what we got, too!!! Super excellent deal. And I only called on a lark to check on the ticket prices and happened to ask about the DDP and it ended up only costing us about $600 more than before to add the dining plan because of the extra 10% discount on the room helping to balance it out. Magic abounds! pixiedust:

I just called and to add the quick Service plan to our 7 night vacation would have cost about $600. With the extra 10% off the room. I declined because we will just get food from the grocery store. I might check back up on it in a few weeks though and see if they are giving a deeper discount.

thanks again!

Did you call the regular reservation line yourself or did you have the cast member who booked the room call the cast member line? WE have a friends and family discount for October and I was just curious if I would be able to call to apply any further discounts.

I called the regular number, but my CM friend has indiacted we should get a better DP discount so I will be calling that number tonight to see if it offers deeper discounts than the regular number.

I called the regular number, but my CM friend has indiacted we should get a better DP discount so I will be calling that number tonight to see if it offers deeper discounts than the regular number.
So the first time you called the main WDW reservation number and just asked about the discounted dining plan and further friend and family discount of 50 percent and they added that just like that would do for any other discount? Tonight you are calling the actaul cast member line, I thought only a cast member could do that?? I would like to know what you hear from that. Thanks!

You should call the number that is on your confirmation. I believe it is not the regular line.

I called last night they were still offering 15% off DDP. If you have the discount with cast member staying in the room you can get 40% off adult DDP but no discount on children's.

The CM line just kicks you to the main reservation line. It just lets them know the type of call they're getting. They don't offer different discount rates on different lines. They're based off the type of reservation. Deeper discounts are out through May now.

Pinkerbell & ReyNM,

It's not likely you will see "deeper discounts". What's up is what will stay up til the end of May. It probably won't be until beggining of Sept to see promos for October. Currently your room booking (whether the regular CM discount room price or the "Other Guest" price) is the only discount open. If you want the DDP, it would be at full price, UNLESS closer to time frames they offer a promo.

The pricing is unlikely to change. The CM promo (where the extra 10% off the regular room discount is offered) and the approx. 40% off the DDP is highly highly unlikely to change for the remainder of the year (and it won't get cheaper, the 2012 to 2013 prices went up $2 a day for adults).

The "Other Guest" offer is also highly highly unlikely to change. The current special prompo of the extra 10% off the regular "Other Guest" room and the 15% off DDP and that isn't going to change.

Pinkerbell- your CM friend was probably thinking of the price she would have been offered if she herself was staying in the room (a CM booking), there's only the 15% discount that goes with the Other Guest offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter