Cast Member Confirmed! Contemporary DVC!!!!!!

You mean like when Hollywood starlets are eight months pregnant but refuse to admit it?

no like the other DVC resorts that were announced - but guess what instead of DVC - they are ALL marriotts:eek:

really want this thing - but until the sales begin it an't a done deed.

no like the other DVC resorts that were announced - but guess what instead of DVC - they are ALL marriotts:eek:

Long time listener, 1st time poster ... :yay:

Let me see if I've got this right ... So if it is NOT DVC, it WILL be a Marriott sitting directly next to and attached to Disney's Contemporary Resort? :confused3

dtd type - think she is talking about the mall at Western way - that is not AKL - it is much closer to CBR.

the rumors have been going since 2001. but until Disney says it is a DVC and sales start. It is still just a rumor.

worst case - they say it is CR suites - but hey that is my nightmare.

these things have kitchens - suites do not!

Actually, a CM at AK told DH and I that there are plans to build a DTD-like complex adjacent to AKL/AKV.

Until it's announced, officially declared and the first unit sold, it's not a DVC resort. While the info that it will be DVC is significant, there are many things that could still happen even if Disney intends for it to be a DVC resort. It could be run as a hotel, it could be sold as regular condo's, it could be sublet or even sold to another company like Marriott or Four Seasons, it could sit empty like Pop did for a couple of years and it could be a separate timeshare or fractional share resort not directly or even remotely connected to DVC. Again, I think it's like it will be a DVC and will be announced fairly soon, but to say it's a done deal is still a bit of a gamble and premature.

As for a second DD type location, that has been a strong rumor for a while now and while close to AKV, will apparently go along the back side entrance off the toll road that comes out by CS. It has the potential to enhance the Epcot resorts, Pop, All Stars, AKL/V as well as some off property locations that are out 192 toward 27 such as Orange Lake, Liki Tiki, Summer Bay, Regal Palms and the like. Given the current economics, I'd expect it to be some time before we see that up and running if ever.

Dean you are so right - mean to say CSR instead of CBR.

yea we have been disappointed too many times.

the timeshare in DL Paris is Marriott not DVC.

so never say never with Disney. Still hope it is a DVC - but with Disney - there are no guaranteeds.

While the info that it will be DVC is significant, there are many things that could still happen even if Disney intends for it to be a DVC resort. It could be run as a hotel, it could be sold as regular condo's, it could be sublet or even sold to another company like Marriott or Four Seasons, it could sit empty like Pop did for a couple of years and it could be a separate timeshare or fractional share resort not directly or even remotely connected to DVC.
They could turn it into a brothel, use it as a studio for making hand-drawn animation , or implode it just for ha-ha's. While it's technically true that it could be anything (even that Super Walmart I keep hearing rumors of) the evidence is overwhelming that it's going to be DVC.

There are serious problems with with each of the alternative uses. The folks running Disney seem reasonably competent. Would they really tear down an entire wing of hotel rooms, put in place a building designed from the ground up with the form and function of time-share units, in order to use it as hotel rooms? Is Disney really about to start selling condos to residents of RCID?

In contrast to all those alternative uses that don't make any sense, you have the idea that Disney designed a building from the ground-up to be timeshare units. Put it in the exact place that folks have been begging them to put a DVC. Filed all the paperwork and permits for it to be a timeshare. At a time when DVC is an absolutely crucial part of the corporate empire's bottom line and pitch to Wall Street that they will thrive in any economic downturn. It kinda makes sense for it to be a DVC, don't you think?

Yes, I firmly believe it will be a DVC resort. However, it won't be official until they make it official. Or until the fat lady sings, wait, that's "It's not over until the fat lady sings". Either way, I haven't begun singing yet.

By the May addendum it looks like they are going to “release” about 75 “rooms” or about 25-30% of the whole projects in the first section. That seems like an aggressive sales target initially.

bookwormde

They could turn it into a brothel, use it as a studio for making hand-drawn animation , or implode it just for ha-ha's. While it's technically true that it could be anything (even that Super Walmart I keep hearing rumors of) the evidence is overwhelming that it's going to be DVC.

There are serious problems with with each of the alternative uses. The folks running Disney seem reasonably competent. Would they really tear down an entire wing of hotel rooms, put in place a building designed from the ground up with the form and function of time-share units, in order to use it as hotel rooms? Is Disney really about to start selling condos to residents of RCID?

In contrast to all those alternative uses that don't make any sense, you have the idea that Disney designed a building from the ground-up to be timeshare units. Put it in the exact place that folks have been begging them to put a DVC. Filed all the paperwork and permits for it to be a timeshare. At a time when DVC is an absolutely crucial part of the corporate empire's bottom line and pitch to Wall Street that they will thrive in any economic downturn. It kinda makes sense for it to be a DVC, don't you think?
You can disagree but every one of the options I posted are feasible options. Eagle Pines was scraped after being announced and some work done on the site, it will now be a Four Seasons. Pop Century sat for 2 years beyond when it was basically ready to open due to economics. DVC has sold 1 site that was announced to Marriott and Marriott has developed at Disney Europe. My thoughts were not idle or casual statements, they are things that could realistically happen though I believe I was clear that it would still probably be a DVC resort.

Last March we were on the boat from VWL to Fort Wilderness and asked our boat captain what was being built and he said DVC. He also said every cast member had to sign an agreement stating they couldn't tell anyone it was being built for DVC. But then the Orlando paper ran a story about it being DVC and since the word was out, they are now telling people if they are asked.:goodvibes

And I know that the Contemporary is popular but I'm sure that it's not popular enough to build a 16 story building of normal suites!

My money's on them imploding it for hahas, mrdiscranky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter