• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cast Member broke his neck during pirate tutorial. SAD Update post 99.

I'm so sorry to hear this!

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Too much tragedy in The World this summer.

What a sad update to what I was hoping would be just needing time to recover. My heart goes out to those around Mark.

:angel:

OMG.....does anyone know if he had played other characters in his career. He looks just like a frontiersman/miner who played with my kids in 2000. We watch that home video a lot and that actor was soo good with the kids!!

on this obit blog: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_stage_theat/2009/08/more-about-mark-priest.html

there is an entry that says he played Gold Dust Gus in Frontierland. I don't know when he did, but it sounds like he did, indeed, play a miner/frontiersman character in Frontierland.

Very saddened to hear the news- my family's thoughts to go out to his in their time of grief.

Very, very sad update to Mark's story.

Due to complications from a blood clot, Mark Priest passed away today.

Prayers for his family and friends that are mourning the loss.

Oh How Very Very SAD.

To all that knew him, my very deepest condolences. Some day, May his family and friends know that so many people had him in their thoughts and prayers!

Again, so very very sad!!! :sad1::sad1::sad1:

on this obit blog: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_stage_theat/2009/08/more-about-mark-priest.html

there is an entry that says he played Gold Dust Gus in Frontierland. I don't know when he did, but it sounds like he did, indeed, play a miner/frontiersman character in Frontierland.

Very saddened to hear the news- my family's thoughts to go out to his in their time of grief.

I am so sad about this....I went back to my home moves (it was actually 2002 not 2000) and that was his name....Golddust Gus. I wish I could figure out how to post that video on youtube. He was great :(

People like Mark are what makes WDW so memorable for me and my family. He will be missed by so many. vellamint thank you for sharing that video made me smile and brought a tear to my eye all at the same time.
He's in heaven making the angels smile now :littleangel::littleangel:
God Bless you Mark RIP

Mark had a large family in the other parks as well.

I knew him through Universal and I'm still upset. He was also really good friends with Santa at Gatorland.

Life is too short. If you really like someone who you see in any park, don't hesistate to stop and say something at Guest Services, Relations..etc.

Mark loved entertaining the people and the world is at a loss without him.

Here is the information on the service for Mark from his Pastor:

Memorial service for Mark Priest will be 11 am Saturday, August 15th at God's House Orlando. 9501 Satellite Blvd. Suite 106 Orlando, FL 32837.
For info call 407-851-6500 or visit www.godshouseorlando.com

The family has asked that donations be sent to God's House (designated for Mark) in lieu of flowers. Thank you all for your prayers and kind words of comfort.

Here is the information on the service for Mark from his Pastor:

Memorial service for Mark Priest will be 11 am Saturday, August 15th at God's House Orlando. 9501 Satellite Blvd. Suite 106 Orlando, FL 32837.
For info call 407-851-6500 or visit www.godshouseorlando.com

The family has asked that donations be sent to God's House (designated for Mark) in lieu of flowers. Thank you all for your prayers and kind words of comfort.

Thanks for the info. I still can't believe that something this terrible has happened at my favorite show in WDW. My thoughts and prayers are with Mark's family. :hug:

I am at WDW now and I just wanted to let everyone know that a cast member told me there won't be any more pirate tutorials for a long time.

I heard it on the news. The news had his picture in & out of costume... :sad1: My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and fellow CM's... I am sure Disney has lost a valuable member to it's family....:sad1:

Thanks so much for doing this...it was very fun to watch! :thumbsup2 I hope his friends and family get to see this as well. He'll be missed by many.

I forwarded the video link to his friends and pastor. :)

Thanks, Vellamint, for posting that. It brought a smile to many faces that knew Mark.

How sad. I'm so sorry to hear that it turned out that way. My sympathies to his family and friends.

dug a little on youtube...is this him?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frpf4FhhYaI

starts around 2.50

I never got to see him. I like the little mack that i have seen.

what a total shame for Mark and his family.:guilty:
I dont recall mack getting up on the wall, just that little step. He must have really lost his balance..maybe dizzy or something(like the heat?)

RIP Mark :littleangel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter