Cast Member broke his neck during pirate tutorial. SAD Update post 99.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family... I hope Mark knew how happy he really made people.. I will remember him with a smile.

"The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." Lifting Mark's family up in prayers!

How awful. He is now a Disney Angel :littleangel: Sending prayers and condolences to Mark's family during this difficult time of loss.

You just never know when your life is going to drastically change. Live each day as if it were your last!:wizard: Life is just too short.

Does anyone know for sure if it was this performer who passed away? If it is I cannot tell my son as on our last trip we have video of this Mack because he picked my son to hold down the rope at the beginning of the tutorial. Then he joked and "begged" at Captain Jack to pick my son for the actual tutorial which Jack did. While we were filming Mack kept coming up to our camcorder and making funny remarks since he knew it was our son. It was a wonderful memory. The strange thing is that on that same trip we also got to ride in the front of the monorail and our driver was Austin, the young man who was killed a few weeks ago. We have a great video of Austin teasing my son about the "kiss" Mary Poppins had left on his cheek. We told my son about Austin but if it was "our" Mack who passed I'm not sure I want to tell him... I've seen conflicting info and just wondered if anyone knew for sure. Regardless of who it was it is such a horrible thing and our prayer are with the family.
Jodi

This Mark is alive and well.

I'm new to this thread, I've just finished reading it. I feel so bad for the family and friends of Mr. Priest, my family's prayer go out to all of them.

Deepest sympathy, thoughts and prayers to all Marks family, friends and loved ones.

What a tragic turn of events

From one pirate to another, May his afterlife be filled with warm sandy beaches, clear waters, and plenty of Rum.

Prayers go out to his Family, Friends, and Coworkers. He has touched many peoples lives and we lost a gifted person.

This link has updated with more info since yesterday. Part of it reads:
The fall took place during Priest's first performance Thursday morning, Priest told Breslauer. The actor playing Captain Jack Sparrow was supposed to kick Priest's comic-sidekick character in the buttocks at the end of a sword fight.

When Priest stepped afterward, he slid on a wet patch and careened headlong into a wall, Breslauer said. He was bleeding and could barely see, but he went backstage quickly so children would not be upset.
:sad1:

Oh no! How awful, things were looking so good. This is so shocking, his poor family.

My condolences and deepest sympathy to his family.

God Bless

Becca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter