cash

ganurse

DIS Veteran
besides tipping and your excursion spending money, what else do you need to have cash for?

You need cash if you are going to mail a postcard from Castaway Cay.

You would need some small bills to tip roomservice if you are going to use it.

Everything has to be put on your Key to the World Card. You can charge your tips for your servers/room steward also.

You can pay your Key to the Wordl account off in cash if you want by going to guest services or you can have them automatically charge it to your credit card.

Parking fees when you get back to shore!

Rae

i took a stack of singles to tip room service when they brought me my coffee and Mickey bars every afternoon.
I also paid all my tips at the end of the trip in cash. (I separated them out prior to leaving and then added to them because our servers were so great) I also took travelers checks and gave them to Guest Services immediately so that my account wouldn't be charged. Your credit card is charged automatically once you reach a balance of 400.00. I didn't want to charge anything so I avoided that by tossing down a few hundred at the beginning of the trip and then again on Tuesday and again on Thursday. That way I only had a little bit put on the visa.

You can charge the parking fees at the port ( as long as your card still has room left before the limit)
Barb

I thought that you had to pay for your parking fees at the terminal when you first arrived and parked??

I was pretty sure that is was money up front to park there.

We had to pay the parking fee for the week ($70) upon arrival at the terminal last week. They take cash or credit cards.

We used cash to pay for parking, put some down on our account so we wouldn't end up with a gigantic credit card bill at the end of the week and also used cash for room service tips, porter tips on both the day we checked in and the day we checked out, and finally, we used cash in the ports as much as possible when we were shopping.

We also added cash to our room steward's tip envelope, along with the tip voucher on the last night, because he was just so terrific!

Don't forget the tolls on the road to and from MCO to/from the Port. I got a roll of quarters for tolls, washing machines, and stamps at CC.

I was woundering if I could just put Traveler Checks on our account when we first got there. Thanks tkrules.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

My comment about parking money comes from the fact that many years ago in Hawaii - we didn't have enough cash for out parking fee and they didn't accept credit cards. Thankfully we were active duty military and the USO cashed a check for us so we could get out!!!! Never again will I be cashless!!!!!!

Yes, the Port will accept credit cards and does charge prior to parking!!!

Rae

On the islands, most vendors/merchants will give better deals if you pay in cash.

I was woundering if I could just put Traveler Checks on our account when we first got there.
YES

And guest services with cash travelers checks for you so you don't have to carry so much cash with you to the cruise. Cash your travelers checks before going ashore in the ports.

You will also need cash for customs... we had hardly any cash left & stressed the last night about what we were going to do!!

Why is cash necessary for customs?
Bribes:teeth: :smooth: ;) Sorry that I couldn't be of more help.

With all of the deficits our government runs, you would think that they understand credit:confused:

Our credit card was charged after it reached $200. I was trying to keep the kids accounts paid up, since they had all their own money. It all worked out in the end.

I took $100 in singles for tips and used every one of them plus. Of course, I had 10 suitcases and 6 kids with me.

If you are going to the straw market, bring small bills. It is hard to haggle and get the price down when a bunch of 20's are staring them in the face. Why should they come down on the price if you have so much money with you?

Don't forget the lovely Florida tolls. If you are driving in a rental car, Florida has several toll ways that are anywhere from .75 to over a buck.

Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter