• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cash Price Garden View Inn Room?

Beth

Just happy to be here...
Just got off the phone and got this room for one night in June to attend madcoco's "treasure seminar." (Can't wait!)

I've kept a spreadsheet since we joined in 1997 to compare cash prices to "my cost" of accomodations, and I notice that there is no posted price for "Garden View" on the dvcresorts page.

Does anyone know what CRO charges for this room - the studio rate, or the Ocean View Inn Room rate? I'm guessing the studio rate - but would like to be certain.

Also - I got Garth this time. I was quick to tell him how "honored" I was to be speaking with such a celebrity!! :)

Thanks!

I noticed that, too. I have been trying to keep track of the published rack rates over the years and 2002 is the first time they have not published a seperate price for the GV at Vero. In the past, Oceanview Inn and Studios were priced the same. The GV could be from $60 to $15 less per night, depending on time of year.

D. B. Kelly,

There's been a lot of discussion in the past on this board concerning Garth - it's really just been kind of a running story - people would report in when they reached Garth at MS. But, to his credit, he was a very cordial and friendly guy - definitely has that "Disney" style!

Thanks, Pam.

This is the first time we've ever reserved a Garden View - so I'd never noticed it before... If you'll notice - now the studios are priced less than the Ocean View rooms - wonder why the change? Guess people are putting more value on that wonderful view than the layout of the studios - I know "we" always have!

Hi Beth,

My husband and I are leaving Sunday for a 3 night stay at VB. The first night was not available with points so we booked a studio with cash for $150 plus tax. I believe the sudio and Inn rooms are the same cash price and I believe they no longer differentiate between garden or ocean view when booking with cash. Will ask when I arrive.

Paula

Just got off the phone and got this room for one night in June to attend madcoco's "treasure seminar." (Can't wait!)
Thanks for the vote of confidence.:)This will be the first time trying this.(Fingers crossed)Hopefully it may become a regular VB activity like the SeaTurtle seminars.If anyone else would like to join our DVC member get together on June 24th,Please let me know ASAP. Thanks.Mike

I never thought about keeping track of the rack rates over time. What a great idea! (I actually think I have them in my file from when we purchased, so I think we can mostly reconstruct the rates for OKW, anyway).

Well, you did better than us. We called this morning for the weekend between christmas and new year and were told $295 per night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter