Cash and Castaway Cay???

disneydana

Earning My Ears
Do you need cash for Castaway Cay or can you put purchases on your room key? I know the post office only takes cash. TIA!

The island is cash free, so you only need to take your KTTW card to shop. If the post office is open (it was closed during our stop Feb. 16) they only take cash.

Laura

I think it's the same as on the ship, no cash-only the KTTW card.

. . . If the post office is open (it was closed during our stop Feb. 16) they only take cash.
It helps to take small bills. If you take a large bill, you might have to wait until they sell enough stamps to make change.

Woody

we were charged .70 cents per letter to mail them back home, cash only.

KTTW card is what you need everywhere else.

Thanks everyone. The info was very helpful. Hopefully my postcards will be delivered before Christmas. LOL!:rotfl:

Actually, if you do the parasailing at CC (which I understand from recent posts that DCL is cancelling due to vendor problems), you would need cash for the tip.

Disney wired Castaway with a fiber optic line that runs back to the ship. So any purchases made on the island, alcohol or gifts, are sent to your room account on board. The only place youll need cash, as others mentioned are the post office, excursion tips or the non-disney gifts for sale. You can usually see the fiber optic line running onto the ship near the gangway.

Are there non-Disney vendors on the island? Sort of like a Bahamian straw market type of set up?

Hmmmmm, wonder about the hair braiding ladies....are they 'locals'...anyone know?

Hmmmmm, wonder about the hair braiding ladies....are they 'locals'...anyone know?

When we last used them ( have done so a couple of times) the braid'folk on CC did connect to the CC card. The ONLY thing on CC that did not connect to the DCL $ system was the post office, which is an actual BAHAMA National post office.

Next time you want to complain about OUR postal service check threads here about how long it takes a post card from CC to get delivered in the states! :confused3

Disney wired Castaway with a fiber optic line that runs back to the ship. So any purchases made on the island, alcohol or gifts, are sent to your room account on board. The only place youll need cash, as others mentioned are the post office, excursion tips or the non-disney gifts for sale. You can usually see the fiber optic line running onto the ship near the gangway.

I have bought from the local vendors on CC and used my KTTW card for the purchases. The only thing the local vendors couldn't do was send your purchases back to the ship.
The only cash I have ever used on the island was tips for excursions or cabana boys.
The Post Office is cash only.

we call this a resurrection ....

you have responded to a post last mentioned in 2007

we applaud you for reading back post as they DO contain good info

but adding to the topic may be ...... hmmmm

we call this a resurrection ....

you have responded to a post last mentioned in 2007

we applaud you for reading back post as they DO contain good info

but adding to the topic may be ...... hmmmm

Sorry, didn't look at the date. I was researching something and this post came up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter