• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cash/Account How Much Do You Plan

Mom2OakandEm

Mouseketeer
Hello,

We are going on our first Disney cruise in September and I have no idea what to expect or plan for. There are 4 of us Me, boyfriend and 2 daughters (14 & 10)

We have a $300 OBC and I should have right around $650 is Disney Visa Reward Points by the time we go. Should I add more money to my account.

I'd like to do a mixology and maybe a brunch at Palo, if we can get ressies. I don't have plans to go to the spa, but maybe I should I have no idea. We're not big drinkers, but we'll probably have a few.

I'm not sure how my kids feel about the kids clubs, but they at least promised to check them out.

I know we'll need some cash for tips for room service.

And I know the kids will want to do some shopping while on board.

What else am I missing that I should plan for?

Thanks for any help and direction you can give me

Hello,

We are going on our first Disney cruise in September and I have no idea what to expect or plan for. There are 4 of us Me, boyfriend and 2 daughters (14 & 10)

We have a $300 OBC and I should have right around $650 is Disney Visa Reward Points by the time we go. Should I add more money to my account.

I'd like to do a mixology and maybe a brunch at Palo, if we can get ressies. I don't have plans to go to the spa, but maybe I should I have no idea. We're not big drinkers, but we'll probably have a few.

I'm not sure how my kids feel about the kids clubs, but they at least promised to check them out.

I know we'll need some cash for tips for room service.

And I know the kids will want to do some shopping while on board.

What else am I missing that I should plan for?

Thanks for any help and direction you can give me
Are you planning on any excursions? Tips for guides/drivers.

Tips for porters at terminal.

Mixology costs between $20-$35 each. Brunch is $30 each (plus gratuity). Drinks run between $2.00 (soda) to $10 (alcoholic).

Popcorn in the movies? Are you thinking about whether you want to purchase professional photos?

Last edited:

Mixology costs between $20-$35 each. Brunch is $60 each (plus gratuity). Drinks run between $2.00 (soda) to $10 (alcoholic).

Popcorn in the movies? Are you thinking about whether you want to purchase professional photos?

I'd like to do an excursion or 2 so if anyone knows of some good ones I'm open to suggestions.
Popcorn at the movies I think that's probably a must, my boyfriend loooves popcorn

And yes I'm thinking about doing the photo package since it's our first cruise. The cost is holding me up a little, but I do love photos so I'll probably cave and do it

For a 7-night cruise we usually spend around $1500-2000 for a family of 4.

Gratuities, adult dining, excursions, special coffee, spa treatment, alcoholic drinks, smoothies for kids at dinner, pictures, onboard booking, laundry, shopping, BINGO, tastings.

If you add more $$ using your Disney Visa pre-cruise you will get the 0%/6 months offer.

For a 7-night cruise we usually spend around $1500-2000 for a family of 4.

Gratuities, adult dining, excursions, special coffee, spa treatment, alcoholic drinks, smoothies for kids at dinner, pictures, onboard booking, laundry, shopping, BINGO, tastings.

If you add more $$ using your Disney Visa pre-cruise you will get the 0%/6 months offer.

I forgot about the Bingo, thank you for the reminder. I think I'll add some to my account from ny Disney Visa, sounds like I'll use it :)
Thank you

Mixology costs between $20-$35 each. Brunch is $60 each (plus gratuity). Drinks run between $2.00 (soda) to $10 (alcoholic).

Wait... When did brunch at Palo jump to $60/person???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter