Casey's Question

eliz603

Mouseketeer
We are there on last year's trip, and now that we're planning again, I got to thinking about our experience.

We couldn't get over the coldness of the food! Cold buns, for one. People had nachos, but none of the cheese was melted. It was just shredded cheese, just sitting there.

Is this normal, or did we hit an off day? I've always heard how yummy it was, but with the cold food, we were underwhelmed. Thoughts??

You had an experience that is NORMAL for Casey's.
. . . poor quality
. . . bad dogs
. . . terrible buns
. . . cold food

Our Ratings of Casey's Corner: (*rev 02/01/2014*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Casey's Corner is such a convenient Fast Food location, that it is a shame that
they now have such poor hot dogs. It is a Hot Dog Stand, but with bad hot dogs! Casey's
changed the dog formula, and changed buns to multi-grain.
Both are poor, and when they
are combined, makes for one terrible sandwich. The saving grace is the fixin's bar, but even
that has been reduced in the amount of items. Fortunately, the french fries are very good.
Much to my surprise, the chicken nuggets are surprising good for fast food. It's a nice
place to sit and listen to the piano player or watch fireworks, but not for food. Like the
poem, "THE MIGHTY CASEY HAS STRUCK OUT !".

We had only stopped here because our plans got messed up after being stuck on PoTC for 30 minutes, and we found ourselves in a rush to make our ME bus return. I've heard people rave for years, but those cold nachos should have told us to run!

Depending on how soon your next trip is, it may be a moot point. Casey's is closed down for refurbishment right now....maybe they're fixing the food warmers! :rotfl2:

You had an experience that is NORMAL for Casey's.
. . . poor quality
. . . bad dogs
. . . terrible buns
. . . cold food

Our Ratings of Casey's Corner: (*rev 02/01/2014*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Casey's Corner is such a convenient Fast Food location, that it is a shame that
they now have such poor hot dogs. It is a Hot Dog Stand, but with bad hot dogs! Casey's
changed the dog formula, and changed buns to multi-grain.
Both are poor, and when they
are combined, makes for one terrible sandwich. The saving grace is the fixin's bar, but even
that has been reduced in the amount of items. Fortunately, the french fries are very good.
Much to my surprise, the chicken nuggets are surprising good for fast food. It's a nice
place to sit and listen to the piano player or watch fireworks, but not for food. Like the
poem, "THE MIGHTY CASEY HAS STRUCK OUT !".

I couldn't agree with you more. The big thing for me is quality. If they have a quality product everything else seems to fall in line accordingly. We loved CC but given the poor quality I refuse to go there. Such a shame.

Hmmm...my son had a quick service meal here (after a rather too hot for our taste meal at La Hacienda de San Angel) he loved it. It was fairly busy too as they were getting ready to do Wishes. Hopefully just an off day!

I love Casey's. We've never done Nachos, but they do have the Nacho cheese on the condiment bar. At least they have every single time we have gone, because we get it for our fries. I've never had anything cold either. I think I would have took it back and had them fix it.

This used to be my husbands favorite. We were at Disney for 2 weeks this past Christmas and my husband ate there on our 3rd day. That night he was sick. throwing up nothing but the cole slaw from Casey's. No one else in the family was sick, so it wasn't a stomach bug. No one else had the cole slaw either. We were wondering how long the cole slaw had been setting out, as it wasn't as cold as it should have been. My husband will not go back there...

Strangely enough, Casey is now a ritual for us before we leave. The kids loved the corn dog nuggets, and the fries weren't terrible. My hot dog was pretty good over the summer.

I'm not a picky eater at all...and Casey's was just gross. Never again...

I only went there once because I was craving a hotdog with sauerkraut. It was awful. Hope they fix alot of things during there refurbishment. (Food included)

It really amazes me that they can make so many of us hate their product. It is a hot dog.. shouldn't be able to mess that up.

Years ago it was great. My mom and I always went as our first night tradition. When I took my kids on their first trip after I had not been there in ten years it was extremely disappointing. My son halfway through the hot dog had to run to the trashcan to throw up.:sick: Fortunately there was a custodian there to do an immediate clean up. Never again...But that was just my experience after it being a favorite for years.:confused3

Agree that is not as good as it used to be- in particular all of the bun changes. We still love it and go at least twice every trip so that's 4 or 5 times every year and have never had gross problems or cold food. I still think the hot dogs are better than any of the other QS ones. If you're having doubts and are on the DDP is not the best value since it's one of the cheaper QS meals. Definitely okay to not make plans to visit but maybe get a hot dog as a late night snack or if it works out in the schedule once you're there- i.e. Waiting on a parade etc.

There is an ongoing debate in my house about toasted or untoasted hotdog buns.

I prefer untoasted because I find mustard and wet condiments are better absorbed into a 'cold' bun.

As long as the hotdog and/or condiments are hot, I'm OK with a 'cold' bun.

And with all those specialty (i.e., chili, pulled pork, etc.) hotdogs at Casey's, I cannot say that I am bothered by a 'cold' bun....but my wife would prefer it be a bit toasted.

My bigger problem is all the hotdogs come with fries, which are subsequently wasted by my family.

As to the cheese on the nachos, just not my thing at a fast food place like Casey's. That being said, the nachos at ESPN Zone are substantial & yummy....with ice cold beer. We enjoy stopping in when traveling from EPCOT back to Boardwalk resort.:)

We actually have not had the actual hot dogs but my boys love the mini corn dogs. They ask for it every year....

The day we were there, it was cold. Like early March, 50 degrees, 25 mph sustained winds. So we've got these hot dogs on cold buns. Maybe the cold weather made it all feel colder, but like I said, the nachos had shredded cheese on top straight from the bag. Not even a hint of melting! We weren't sure if there was some kind of technical difficulty, or if that was the norm. So I was curious about other experiences.

It's a skip this time for sure, regardless of their refurb!

Casey's used to be a staple of every MK visit for us. I can't pinpoint a certain year where I gave up but over time the crumbly buns and tasteless hot dogs just got to be too much for us. It's a shame because the nacho cheese sauce with the fries was a tradition for us.

Our new staple is Columbia Harbour House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter