• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Casey Anthony THE VERDICT IS IN at 2:15 EST Thread #5

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Up to 3 hours

• 3 - 6 hours

• 6 - 9 hours

• 9 - 12 hours

• 12 -15 hours

• 15 - 18 hours

• 18 - 21 hours

• 21 - 24 hours

• 24 - 27 hours

• 27 - 30 hours

• 30 - 33 hours

• more than 33 hours

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to never see Padilla again. If he becomes a regular commentator on other cases, I'm going to be sick. It was all I could do to watch a show about this case with him on it. Well, at least it gave me something to FF through. Him, and Linda Kenny Baden. And sometimes Sonny Hostin, if I was in a particularly cranky mood already.

Well , ACKKK... we live in the same town and infact my Dh went into the same building the other day and one of them was sitting in the chair. Wish we could say the same thing.

I saw that a few minutes ago and it is just sickening. They asked one girl what she thought and she said "I think they should just kill her" like it was nothing.
And laughing about it. *****.
Small problem with polls...here and with any polling organization....

Most are not familiar with the law.

I mean...how many times have people commented that there was no pre-meditation, so she is not guilty.

I learned something new today--the jury need not be unanimous on if there was pre-meditation or not to provide a guilty of first degree murder verdict

So, don't give polls too much weight. The samples are tainted and have not been provided the instructions of the jury.
True! I hope that will save the verdict.

So Perry still has this Motion for Mistrial on the death penalty case in FL, right? So if it comes back and he doesn't like the verdict, he can grant a mistrial?

Sounds like things are coming along well! :yay: Any predictions on when she'll go home, or is it day to day at this point?

not yet - it's day to day but once she gets "stepped down" to level 2 NICU it's only a matter of days before she'll come home to us

I think the Judge can rule on the mistrial at any time before the verdict is READ (at least that is what I understood).
I do NOT think he will rule in favor of a mistrial and I do not think he would rule in favor just because he didn't like the verdict.

But :confused3

On HLN, with JVM, she said that once there is a verdict, the OCSO will send deputies into the subdivision of the Anthony home to basically close off the entire subdivision to prevent people from coming in and doing something offensive or violent in and around the Anthony home. One of the producers talked to a neighbor of the Anthony family, and the neighbor said "We hope the Anthonys make a huge deal, a television interview, make a lot of money and move from the neighborhood because we can't take it anymore."

How sad. :(

The damage that girl has done...the lives she's destroyed or affected so negatively. :sad2:

not yet - it's day to day but once she gets "stepped down" to level 2 NICU it's only a matter of days before she'll come home to us
We're on Nicole watch too. Nice to have a "happy watch". :)

On HLN, with JVM, she said that once there is a verdict, the OCSO will send deputies into the subdivision of the Anthony home to basically close off the entire subdivision to prevent people from coming in and doing something offensive or violent in and around the Anthony home. One of the producers talked to a neighbor of the Anthony family, and the neighbor said "We hope the Anthonys make a huge deal, a television interview, make a lot of money and move from the neighborhood because we can't take it anymore."

The damage that girl has done...the lives she's destroyed or affected so negatively. :sad2:

Indeed.

I just don't know how this would play out if she were found not guilty and released. I mean, I think not allowing Double Jeopardy is a good thing, but she could literally walk outside the courtroom and yell to the crowd, "I did it, I killed her" and nothing could be done. She didn't testify so she couldn't even be brought up on perjury charges, could she? Unless police interviews count?

I know they couldn't charge her again with the murder, but could they still file related charges? If she confessed, couldn't they get her for, say, abuse of a corpse?
And what about all of those other theft charges? She could still be charged with stealing money from her grandfather, right?

That is sad but I would probably feel the same way. If I were them I would move anyway because I wouldn't want to live in that house anymore with the constant reminder of what happened there. I would never get over it and just looking out back, or moving the gas can, or backing into the garage or Caylees room. Even the drive down that street would drive me crazy.

You know, I have been thinking about something. Do you remember how Casey told some of her friends that her parents were going to be moving and giving her the house. I can't help but wonder if they were going to be next. She could easily sneak in their rooms one night and do the same thing to them. Maybe not, but the way that she acted towards them throughout this trial makes me think that she could have very well been planning something bigger than the mess that she is inm possibly to cover up Caylees death for longer.

Hi guys! Been a long weekend with work & the holiday so I haven't been online in days. I probably haven't read anything here since page 50, so I don't think I'll have time to go back & read everything! :rolleyes1 I do have yesterday's closing arguments DVR'd & I'll try to watch them tomarrow if there is no verdict. I did get to see most of this morning's session. I found the jury instructions & explanation of the charges really interesting. LDB was excellent & hopefully those last images of George & Cindy's grief vs. Casey's "bella vita" & partying will stick with the jury.

So what does anyone know about the alternates? Are they dismissed or still sequestered? I thought he said he was going to give them additional instructions & then dismiss them. DD thinks he gave them instructions but then continued to keep them sequestered. If he dismissed them, how would it work if a juror suddenly took ill? Or couldn't complete the penalty phase for some reason?

And , yes, I already looked on the first post for this info, but didn't find anything there! ;) :lmao:

Hi guys! Been a long weekend with work & the holiday so I haven't been online in days. I probably haven't read anything here since page 50, so I don't think I'll have time to go back & read everything! :rolleyes1 I do have yesterday's closing arguments DVR'd & I'll try to watch them tomarrow if there is no verdict. I did get to see most of this morning's session. I found the jury instructions & explanation of the charges really interesting. LDB was excellent & hopefully those last images of George & Cindy's grief vs. Casey's "bella vita" & partying will stick with the jury.

So what does anyone know about the alternates? Are they dismissed or still sequestered? I thought he said he was going to give them additional instructions & then dismiss them. DD thinks he gave them instructions but then continued to keep them sequestered. If he dismissed them, how would it work if a juror suddenly took ill? Or couldn't complete the penalty phase for some reason?

And , yes, I already looked on the first post for this info, but didn't find anything there! ;) :lmao:

DD is right :thumbsup2

You know, I have been thinking about something. Do you remember how Casey told some of her friends that her parents were going to be moving and giving her the house. I can't help but wonder if they were going to be next. She could easily sneak in their rooms one night and do the same thing to them. Maybe not, but the way that she acted towards them throughout this trial makes me think that she could have very well been planning something bigger than the mess that she is inm possibly to cover up Caylees death for longer.
Yes, we've talked about this before.

That Judge Seidlin from the Anna Nicole Smith debacle is a disgusting moron. He's making it sound like the jury is on a holiday...a very nice hotel, decent meals, they're not rich people and not very sophisticated and there's a lot to understand. And that Baez was fighting two prosecutors...the judge who was very pro-prosecution and the prosecutor. What an ***. And he always sounds drunk and barely coherent. OK...I'm going to write an email to HLN/InSession to sound off about him.

oh she's great. thanks :)

she nursed for about 15 minutes and was alert and awake for over an hour in fact was still awak when we put her back in the incubator and left.

she was off the cpac machine for the entire time and wasn't going to be put back on for another 1.5 hours so a total of 2.5 hours breathing on her own.

she had an eye exam which i didn't talk to them about but i saw the paper and it looks like everything was good.

snd she had an ultrasound that i'll get the results of later when i call or tomorrow.

she's coming along really nicely and i'm hoping she'll be home soon

Kurby, that's great and sounds like she's coming along perfectly! She will be home before you know it!

I hope to never see Padilla again. If he becomes a regular commentator on other cases, I'm going to be sick. It was all I could do to watch a show about this case with him on it. Well, at least it gave me something to FF through. Him, and Linda Kenny Baden. And sometimes Sonny Hostin, if I was in a particularly cranky mood already.
Can we add that Ana Nicole Judge to the list? ugh!

So so so so true!

I know there are a couple of us that have commented that we think all those neck breaking searches, weapons,etc were signs that she was planning on doing something to her parents. Plans changed though.

Just got back to my computer after the long weekend. I did manage to see the end of the trial on TV.

Do you want to know what finally made me cry??

During one of the closing arguments when the lawyer told of George Anthony putting concrete under Caylee's backyard playhouse so she wouldn't have to sit on the ground.

THEN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He gave her a mailbox :sad1::sad1::sad1:

That really drove it home to me - this was a human, and she had a name. And she had mailbox with her name on it. And her mother threw her away like trash :sad1::sad1:

Yes, we've talked about this before.

That Judge Seidlin from the Anna Nicole Smith debacle is a disgusting moron. He's making it sound like the jury is on a holiday...a very nice hotel, decent meals, they're not rich people and not very sophisticated and there's a lot to understand. And that Baez was fighting two prosecutors...the judge who was very pro-prosecution and the prosecutor. What an ***. And he always sounds drunk and barely coherent. OK...I'm going to write an email to HLN/InSession to sound off about him.

I'm not sure why they even have that judge on there. Whenever he speaks, he doesn't sound logical at all, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter