Casey Anthony Civil Trials Discussion

After trying to listen to this for about 15 minutes... I miss Jeff and Linda ;)

First Zenaida's attorney spoke and presented his reasons why the case should go forward, and now Casey's attorney is speaking. I couldn't even give you a rundown...1/2 listening, and InSession keeps cutting to commercials and having technical difficulties, and I can't find my speaker for my laptop, so sometimes I can't really hear anything.

Both sides, as they speak, seem like they have good cases at times. Casey's attorney is a much better speaker and stays on topic. Zenaida's attorney went off about George and molestation and Cindy being a tough person and how Casey reminded him of My Cousin Vinny in the way that Vinny kept changing his name to fit the scenario whenever the judge confronted him, and yada yada yada.

Now, Casey's lawyer is making the point that Casey used "Fernandez" from the beginning, which is not part of this Zenaida's name, and that this Zenaida, when she first filed a complaint, ADDED Fernandez to her name in her complaint, where it remained uncorrected for 5 months (or something like that).

A whole lot of other stuff. I think it will probably be up on video on WFTV, like the trial was.

If I had to cast my vote for who's going to win this one, based on what I've seen presented, I'd have to say...and it kills me to say it...Casey. I think it will get thrown out. Oh well.

I'll post the outcome...either the decision if it's made today, which mostly likely (per InSession commentators, it won't be), or when a decision is expected.

After trying to listen to this for about 15 minutes... I miss Jeff and Linda ;)
I know it, huh? It hard to measure up to them. They've ruined my "enjoyment" of watching trials...everyone else looks so amateurish after that. The one other prosecutor I remember as being great was Alan Jackson, who prosecuted Phil Spector. But I wasn't as invested in that case, and didn't watch like I watched this one.

Thanks for the update, it has been one of those mornings. It would never be the same without Jeff and Linda.

I'm assuming Casey wasn't in the courtroom for this?

Thanks for the update Mare, did the judge have any looks that would indicate anything?
You're welcome. :) And nada from the judge.
I'm assuming Casey wasn't in the courtroom for this?
Oh, trust me, I would have had a field day with that. ;) Nope, she wasn't there. If this moves forward to a trial, she will be there. But I'm thinking it's highly unlikely the judge is going to rule in Zenaida's favor.

Thanks Mare. I coudn't listen to it. ZFG's attorney was just going on and on and on.... I don't think this will go to trial either. As much as I hate wasting court time I really wanted it because it would get under Casey's skin and she'd have to keep racking up bills to pay lawyers. Anything that makes her life uncomfortable and a pain is :thumbsup2 for me!

I wonder why this judge always takes so long to rule....

A couple of things:

FLORIDA GOSVERNOR SIGNS CAYLEE'S LAW: :thumbsup2
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-expenses-florida-governor-signs-caylee-s-law
"Casey Anthony was sentenced to four years in prison, the maximum sentence for lying to police as a first-degree misdemeanor. She was released last summer after time served. Had the bill been in effect, she could have faced up to 20 years in prison and a $20,000 fine." (Oh, how I wish!)

OK...confess...who here is a member of this site? :scared1: http://caseyanthonyisinnocent.com/

I'd guess LisaR, for professional purposes only, of course; you know, gathering material for The Book and all. ::yes::

A couple of things:

FLORIDA GOSVERNOR SIGNS CAYLEE'S LAW: :thumbsup2
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-expenses-florida-governor-signs-caylee-s-law
"Casey Anthony was sentenced to four years in prison, the maximum sentence for lying to police as a first-degree misdemeanor. She was released last summer after time served. Had the bill been in effect, she could have faced up to 20 years in prison and a $20,000 fine." (Oh, how I wish!)

OK...confess...who here is a member of this site? :scared1: http://caseyanthonyisinnocent.com/

I'd guess LisaR, for professional purposes only, of course; you know, gathering material for The Book and all. ::yes::

I'll confess! I actually started the Casey is Innocent board. Yep! I am really only on this thread to get information for my book on Casey's innocence. I have been reading along all this time to find out what you whacky Dis'ers think. None of you are going in the book, by the way. Too many people that wanted to see her fry on this thread. I'll be sticking with my 12 friends in Pinellas County instead.

By the way, when I am not busy writing my Casey is Innocent book, I'm going to visit my friend Jose while he helps free another lovely young lady of my great state:

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/30842693/detail.html

For the record, since the trial started, I have almost completed one entire page of my Casey is Innocent book. That's right, only about 3/4 of a page more and I will have one full page. You know you're jealous! :rolleyes1

I'll confess! I actually started the Casey is Innocent board. Yep! I am really only on this thread to get information for my book on Casey's innocence. I have been reading along all this time to find out what you whacky Dis'ers think. None of you are going in the book, by the way. Too many people that wanted to see her fry on this thread. I'll be sticking with my 12 friends in Pinellas County instead.

By the way, when I am not busy writing my Casey is Innocent book, I'm going to visit my friend Jose while he helps free another lovely young lady of my great state:

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/30842693/detail.html http://www.disboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=44552800

For the record, since the trial started, I have almost completed one entire page of my Casey is Innocent book. That's right, only about 3/4 of a page more and I will have one full page. You know you're jealous! :rolleyes1
I bet you were feeding Jose storylines to use in her defense, weren't you! He was just waiting to use the Roy Kronk finds Casey in the backyard story if necessary. Traitor!

What a good doobie Jose is, taking on another sweet young thing so victimized by the system. Per your link: "Ely received the sentence in a Marion County courtroom in October. She was sentenced for her role in the murder of Seath Jackson. Jackson was beaten, shot, set on fire and parts of his body were sunk to the bottom of a nearby quarry in April 2011." Sounds like a sweetheart. :sad2:

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/30842693/detail.html

:rotfl2:

Ok, that site sooo made me laugh.. especially this headline "Celebrating the innocence, freedom and Total Awesomeness of Casey Anthony" :thumbsup2

Lemme know when you finish that book Lisa.. although you might just print it up as a flyer and plaster it on car windshields!

I've not followed this thread, but I do have a general comment regarding civil trials. I have to say that whether justice has or hasn't been done, I have a REAL problem with civil suits filed against folks for actions that have already been dismissed in criminal court. It seems to be the opposite of what our court system is supposed to be in this country. Just like the OJ case. Couldn't prove he did it well enough to put him in jail, but could prove it well enough to take his money? What the? I know nobody feels sorry for OJ or Casey Anthony, but doesn't this seem very, very wrong to anyone other than me? :confused3

This civil suit has nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of Casey Anthony with regard to murdering Caylee. It's not a wrongful death suit.

Ok, that site sooo made me laugh.. especially this headline "Celebrating the innocence, freedom and Total Awesomeness of Casey Anthony" :thumbsup2

Lemme know when you finish that book Lisa.. although you might just print it up as a flyer and plaster it on car windshields!

The total awesomeness of Casey Anthony? Wow. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter