• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Casey Anthony Civil Trials Discussion

I think Casey feels NOTHING for Caylee. I don't think she gives any of it a second thought. I don't think she will ever reach the point where she can't live with herself. She just didn't care about that child. It was, and is, all about Casey.

I agree about a mother who just loses it vs someone who sat there at a computer and did searches and then carried it out, with every opportunity to think about her actions and STOP along the way.

I agree, and hope, that Caylee was sedated one way or another. I think it would make it easier on CASEY, so that would be Casey's motivation. She probably worried about neighbors hearing a struggle. I'm sure her motivation was nothing but selfish, but at least, hopefully, the end result was that Caylee didn't suffer.

That's one of the MANY things that always bothered me about Baez's version of Caylee's death...the whole drowning in the backyard pool. I've been to the area, and we've all see the pictures...those yards are small. With George supposedly SCREAMING at Casey that her mother would never forgive her for letting Caylee drown, and Casey supposedly SOBBING over her daughter's body, NO ONE heard a thing??

Absolutely to all of this.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

mickey-family-happy-thanksgiving-wallpapers_422_17546.jpg

I first read about this new evidence today. My first thought was "why didn't they have this?!?!?!" But, PP's are correct. I don't think it would have mattered what evidence they had, that jury was not going to convict her. That verdict rattled my faith in our justice system.:furious:

Exactly! The jurors were idiots, they wanted to see a CSI episode, not reality. They had plenty of evidence :furious:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

mickey-family-happy-thanksgiving-wallpapers_422_17546.jpg
Belated Happy Thanksgiving!

Nancy Grace did a show about this new evidence popping up. She's ranting and raving that THIS could have sent CA away to prison for life. But, although *we* would all see this evidence as solid, THAT jury wouldn't. I think that's why I'm not getting worked up about it...it wouldn't have changed anything with that jury. (The reason some people, like Nancy Grace, seem to think that THESE searches were way more important was that they were done the day Caylee was last seen, and the other searches for chloroform, etc, were done two months prior. But again and again and again...I don't believe it would matter to THAT jury.) (ALTHO...I can just see Jennifer Ford, juror not so extraordinaire, standing up and saying (for a price of course...another trip to Disney?) that yes, THAT was the evidence they needed; surely if they had THAT evidence, they'd convict her, so really, it's not their fault. lol ;) )

I think Jose Baez must be gloating about having the knowledge about those searches, and the prosecutors not having it. But one thing I think this new evidence does is make the general public angrier about Casey, makes her more hated, and maybe even regular people who may have been on the fence about her guilt or innocence, may now believe her guilty. So in effect, what Baez has done by putting it his book, is thrown his own client under the bus (altho his intent was to stick it to George again). Would you hire a lawyer who is keen on writing a book about your case, and putting out evidence that makes you look guilty? As we know...it's not all about the fact that she was found NOT GUILTY...it's about the fact that she somehow has to live in society, and Baez not making the best choices to help her with that. Imagine that! Baez being stupid. :rolleyes:

Another thing about his making the existence of those searches public...there was a guest on Nancy Grace who said that the fact that Baez knew before the trial about those searches done on the day Caylee died, seems to imply that the defense team knew way more about what really happened. (Of course, WE know they knew more, but now Baez is basically admitting it.)

Nancy Grace also had on the woman (forgot her name) who is a lawyer (AZ?) and active on Websleuths, who brought this all out into the open. I know Baez put it in the book and blames the searches on George, but I think what this woman did was determine that George wasn't home, and those searches together with other computer activity done very closely to them time-wise, determined that it must have been Casey searching for "fool-proof strangulation".

Again...still don't think THAT jury would have done anything with that information. *sigh* Where's the DNA? Where's the video of the crime? Where's the confession? Then, for that jury, there was nothing.

Not having read his book. I really believe he knows the whole truth. I also think that this is his way of stating that yes his client did do this. He is letting things slip out now that she can't be retried. But at some point in life, Casey will reap what she has sown. I believe that Jennifer made threats against the other jurors that said she was guilty. Some just did not want to have to sit and weigh everything, and just wanted to get on with their vacations. But they maybe thinking a different game now.

The village idiots kept saying they wanted a cause of death. This didn't give them one. They would have rationalized that just because someone was searching for foolproof suffocation doesn't prove that is the way little Caylee died. :crazy2: Sadly, I don't think anything except a video tape of the murder would have been enough for these lazy thinkers.

As for the book, I have a "free" copy of it. I started reading it and haven't been able to get back to it. The man makes me sick. The pompousness comes through every word that I HAVE managed to read.

The village idiots kept saying they wanted a cause of death. This didn't give them one. They would have rationalized that just because someone was searching for foolproof suffocation doesn't prove that is the way little Caylee died. :crazy2: Sadly, I don't think anything except a video tape of the murder would have been enough for these lazy thinkers.

As for the book, I have a "free" copy of it. I started reading it and haven't been able to get back to it. The man makes me sick. The pompousness comes through every word that I HAVE managed to read.
I have his 7/11/12 appearance on The View recorded and I can't bring myself to watch it. lol

I think it is only a matter of time that she is going to have real problems being out in the public eye. I guess she is not afraid of anything....

Are you ready for christmas? I am the one in hiding now. I have not done any shopping, and I never did anything wrong...:lmao:

I think it is only a matter of time that she is going to have real problems being out in the public eye. I guess she is not afraid of anything....

Are you ready for christmas? I am the one in hiding now. I have not done any shopping, and I never did anything wrong...:lmao:
Me neither! :lmao: Every so often I pick up a stocking stuffer if I happen to come across something, but we pretty much only give gifts to our kids (and they're all in cash need this year), each other (and neither of us can really think of much we want), and our granddaughter (who is in need of a car seat, so while she's too young to really care, that's probably what we'll get her). I feel like I'm supposed to be doing more. :confused3

Me neither! :lmao: Every so often I pick up a stocking stuffer if I happen to come across something, but we pretty much only give gifts to our kids (and they're all in cash need this year), each other (and neither of us can really think of much we want), and our granddaughter (who is in need of a car seat, so while she's too young to really care, that's probably what we'll get her). I feel like I'm supposed to be doing more. :confused3

You have more to give than I do....Just relax and enjoy the time..:thumbsup2

merry christmas!!
Ditto (very belated)!

The Jeff Ashton movie is on Lifetime (oh, how I hate that channel!) January 16, I think.

Anyone going to follow the Jodi Arias trial? InSession is out of session until Monday, but it's supposed to be on CNN.com/live (or so I read) when the trial starts today. It's in Arizona, so I'm not sure what time it starts. Soon, I'm guessing.

Ditto (very belated)!

The Jeff Ashton movie is on Lifetime (oh, how I hate that channel!) January 16, I think.

Anyone going to follow the Jodi Arias trial? InSession is out of session until Monday, but it's supposed to be on CNN.com/live (or so I read) when the trial starts today. It's in Arizona, so I'm not sure what time it starts. Soon, I'm guessing.

Hope you had a great christmas. I don't have regular t.v. so I can't watch that. Never heard of the person you mentioned. I may if it is worthy.

Ditto (very belated)!

Who is Jodi Arias? Is this another Casey Anthony that will make me vomit if she gets "not guilty?"

Edit: I googled it. Wow!

Wow, just read about her. This ought to be a trial worth watching. I would quit being her attorney as well.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter