Cartoon short before frozen on dvd

gumbypee

DIS Veteran
so I just tried playing the short for first time thi morning but some lady narrates the whole thing!!!!! He do I get her to stop please??? I just want to watch cartoon.

Thank you

so I just tried playing the short for first time thi morning but some lady narrates the whole thing!!!!! He do I get her to stop please??? I just want to watch cartoon.

Thank you

Sounds like the "descriptive video service", which is supposed to narrate the action for the blind. Typically there's an "audio" button on your player's remote. That can cycle through various audio, although the DVS track may not be accessed that way.

You're supposed to be able to select this when you pop it in. My Blu-Ray version of Frozen always starts up with an option screen for this. Basic English language audio is the default choice.

OK - I just started up my copy of Frozen but selected "English Descriptive Video Service" at the startup screen. Then I went to the top menu, selected Bonus Features to see Get a Horse, and I hear the voice describing the action. You probably need to eject your DVD and start over again, but make sure you select just basic English.

I'll try the DVD version. That disc should be the same as the DVD-only packages. Actually - yeah, that has a similar popup, but the second choice is for the "English Descriptive Video Service". It comes up with a screen where the selections are between a group of trolls huddling together (Blu-Ray version is only the options in a big snowflake). My guess is that you selected this by accident. You can change this in the menu screen. From the main menu it's SET UP -> Languages -> English 5.1 Dolby Digital. I'm assuming you want English.

Perfect description of what it was! Thank you so much!! I got to watch the cartoon! Yay!

Thanks again for the help and suggestions. Disboards isn't perfect but people are mostly helpful and kind! Thanks!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter