Carthay Lounge vs Carthay Circle Restaurant?

mjlum

Mouseketeer
We've been to Carthay Circle Restaurant for lunch but it looks like Carthay is only open for dinner & it's too pricey for our family. My 12 year old loves the Carthay environment so we were thinking of Carthay Lounge. Would Carthay Lounge end up being the same price as Carthay Restaurant since it's appetizers & smaller portions? How small are the portions? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

My understanding of the Carthay Lounge is that it started during Covid before they were ready to open up Carthay Circle itself, and it was all outdoor seating. I assume it's the same now.

If i remember from the reviews before, the sizes of the food were pretty small., but I haven't eaten there.

We've been to Carthay Circle Restaurant for lunch but it looks like Carthay is only open for dinner & it's too pricey for our family. My 12 year old loves the Carthay environment so we were thinking of Carthay Lounge. Would Carthay Lounge end up being the same price as Carthay Restaurant since it's appetizers & smaller portions? How small are the portions? It's hard to tell from the pictures.
Potentially the same. I went last week - got the scallops, which was more of a crackers and scallop dip kind of thing. Not bad. That and a non-alcoholic beverage was like $25 (after tip). It wouldn't have been enough food for me to count it as a full meal - I decided to just do that and grab a snack/dessert somewhere else afterward.

Having said that, the person next to me at the bar got the pasta, and the portion was huge. She said she was a regular, and had never had a plate that large there. (She had planned to get something else, but it wasn't gonna happen after that.) So your mileage may vary.

If you got like one more plate than the number of people in your party and split everything, you could probably get away with it being less than regular Carthay.

(Fyi - the lounge is normal - seating both outdoors and indoors.)

My lounge seat was right at the edge of indoor and outdoor with lots of ventilation and view of the street and cafe seating. Our portions were small. It looks decent on camera but i wished for more. lolDAD57E2E-8001-4F95-9FC1-C570C809CB1A.jpeg

I can't picture the outdoor seating there. We have only been when the sat inside. Does anyone have a photo of the Outdoor seating at the Lounge? We ate there (inside) a few years back and really liked the tacos. We (me and two kids) shared a few apps, tacos and such. We enjoyed it. Thanks so much!

Huh, interesting. We went for New Year 2020, and didnt see it available. I wonder if it is seasonal? Thanks for the info/picture!

Portions are small and a little pricy but the food is good. We sat inside one time and outside one time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter