Carseats/DL Express/Super Shuttle

CashKeenanHenleysMom

Mouseketeer
Hey all! We are planning a trip to DL in Oct. We fly into LAX and I am looking at our options for transportation to and from the airport. We are staying at BW Park Place Inn.

We have 3 children ages 2,4 & 5 at the time of the vacation. There will be 5 of us total. I was looking into either DL Express or Super Shuttle. I have a couple questions.

Does anyone have any advice on which they think would be the better choice for our family?
Also what are the rules for carseats? I know on the Magical express in WDW we didnt bring car seats. However driving from LAX to DL makes me a bit nervous. For Super Shuttle they only asked you to list kids over 3.. So that made me wonder if they expect the younger kids to sit on your lap.. Any info/help would be much appreciated!!

We used the DL Express when my LO was 3. She didn't use a carseat and I still felt she was safe because it's such a big bus. The next time we went, my other LO was just 1 year. We used a shuttle service, which was just a big van. We brought his carseat with us and I was really glad... I never would have been comfortable with him in a normal van without a carseat. A bus is built for safety without seatbelts (they're higher up, etc.) but the van is just like any other car. You know? Anyway, that's how I felt about it in my own head. ;)

I would recommend the DL Express. It's a fun way to get into the Disney spirit before you get to the hotel/park too...

I have used both. I like super shuttle better, mainly because it is much quicker. DS is in a booster seat and we had other plans that involved a car anyways so we brought it. However you would need carseats for it. If you are not wanting to bring car seats, then DL express would be a better option for you since you wouldn't need them.

We used the DL Express when my LO was 3. She didn't use a carseat and I still felt she was safe because it's such a big bus. The next time we went, my other LO was just 1 year. We used a shuttle service, which was just a big van. We brought his carseat with us and I was really glad... I never would have been comfortable with him in a normal van without a carseat. A bus is built for safety without seatbelts (they're higher up, etc.) but the van is just like any other car. You know? Anyway, that's how I felt about it in my own head. ;)

I would recommend the DL Express. It's a fun way to get into the Disney spirit before you get to the hotel/park too...

Thanks. Im not sure we want to deal with bringing 3 carseats so maybe DL Express would be our best bet :)

I have used both. I like super shuttle better, mainly because it is much quicker. DS is in a booster seat and we had other plans that involved a car anyways so we brought it. However you would need carseats for it. If you are not wanting to bring car seats, then DL express would be a better option for you since you wouldn't need them.

Thanks for the info. I feel like DL express might be best for us but I keep hearing how it takes longer then other options so that's def something to consider!

Thanks for the info. I feel like DL express might be best for us but I keep hearing how it takes longer then other options so that's def something to consider!

Since you don't want to bring the 3 seats, the Express is what you'll have to do. Just work it out, figure things to do during the wait.

What airport are you coming into?

Since we travel with 4 kids, we use the DL Express because I don't want to deal with boosters/car seats for the ones who need them. I've always felt completely safe on the bus and the kids love it. We were able to get from LAX to the lobby of our hotel in an hour on our last trip

By law, you have to have car seats (boosters for the older two if not car seats) if you take the super shuttle.

The best options without having to bring car seats are the DL Resort Express and DK Livery. The Express is a bus so no need for seats. DK Livery is a car service that will provide an SUV with car seats. The cost round trip is $175.

Just something to consider flying into LAX and waiting for the DLRE... You wait on a little center island, with cars/busses whipping in and out around you. So, if you happen to have runners (we do!), you're going to spend a heck of a lot of time chasing/holding them so that they don't think it's a fun game to scare mom/dad every 5 seconds. (I hope my kids and grandkids aren't the only ones that do this!?! Holy cow, it gets my heart racing faster than looking at California Screamin'!)

The DLRE only runs once an hour now, and in my prior experience, that "once an hour" could mean *any* time that hour... More than once, we waited for about 90 minutes, because the buses were running behind schedule in pick-ups.

Oh, and if you use them, either pay ahead of time, or print out their brochure. They are infamous for trying to switch up the prices on people!

The best options without having to bring car seats are the DL Resort Express and DK Livery. The Express is a bus so no need for seats. DK Livery is a car service that will provide an SUV with car seats. The cost round trip is $175.

Wow, DKLivery is having a special for $155 round trip from John Wayne with a car seat and a grocery stop. That is a great price. Are they reliable??

Charter buses are totally safe for use without car seats due to compartmentalization. Super shuttle is notorious for not enforcing car seat usage with small children (I once ride In a van with a mother HOLDING her 1 year old. Not okay by any standard. I reported that van and driver. Plus that unrestrained child is a huge hazard for other passengers). So with that, I chose not use super shuttle and use DLE.

Rest easy knowing the DLE is safe :)

Wow, DKLivery is having a special for $155 round trip from John Wayne with a car seat and a grocery stop. That is a great price. Are they reliable??
That is their regular price from SNA. We just used DK Livery last week. Service was exactly as described. We were picked up in an SUV with a car seat installed for my 3-year-old. We stopped by Trader Joes (the store I requested) before arriving at the DLH. Completely reliable.

We always use the DLRExpress with our 3 year old as we never brig a car seat so is really the only option. We feel totally safe in that with him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter