Cars

ozbrooke

Earning My Ears
I have noticed in some peoples photos that you can 'meet' Lightning McQueen and Mater at DCA. Do they have this every day? Is it only once per day?

We were wondering the same thing.. The boys really want to see mater...

When we were there the first few days in Feb. the meet and greet times were in the daily schedule. I want to say there were three to five times each day (can't remember exactly). They drive them out and park them for about 10 minutes and it is pretty much chaos the majority of the time, in other words trying to get a picture with your child without five others in the picture is virtually impossible.

It is really, really neat to see the Cars however and Mater's horn is the same sound as in the movie. They did such a GREAT job with the cars, especially Mater.

I have read on another board that they have not been out lately. Not sure if that is the case..............

I really hope they are still around in June. My son is a MAJOR fan of Cars and will freak out if he sees them. I can't wait to see his face. :)

Just got back Sunday and they are still going strong. They had them out 4 to 5 times a day each of the 3 days we were there. The kids loved them!

:banana: Yay!! My son is going to be so excited. In the photos I've seen the cars look awesome! :banana:

The "Cars" are totally real. They drive out through big gates across from the Orange Stinger Swings and drive clear over onto the pier near Golden Dreams. They are so real and absolutely adorable! Here's a couple of pics.

Picture049.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Oh Boy!!! My son is going to LOVE these. He is still timid when it comes to costumed characters, but since these look like real cars he will be head over heels for them.

I can't wait for him to see them. :cool1:

Sara

I wonder what kinds of noises they make, if any? Do you know if they actually talk, or just rev their engines? ;)

Do you think they'll redo one of the autotopias with a cars theme? :idea:

Everytime we go on Autopia, my DH and I wonder if they will convert it. My DH says the Chevron sponsor would probably have to end first. I think it would be so cute!

I wonder what kinds of noises they make, if any? Do you know if they actually talk, or just rev their engines? ;)

Lightning McQueen does rev his engine and Mater honks his horn. My wussy DD3 wasn't so sure about Lightning because he was revving his engine!

They drive out through big gates across from the Orange Stinger Swings and drive clear over onto the pier near Golden Dreams. They reverse so that they have the water behind them and you are looking directly at the sun wheel from across the water. Does that make sense?

Thanks for posting those pictures Mommy2SandB! I called my kids to come have a look & my DS almost fell over he was so excited to see them. Fun stuff!!!!!

Wow! Those are cool. I hope we get a chance to see them when we're there. My son loves Cars!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter