Cars Land updates

My Mousewait app on my iPhone is showing a wait time of 135 minutes for RSR and 75 minutes for Single Rider. Also 40 minutes for MJJ. Of course, I'm not there to check it out, but I'm sure the app is not too reliable!!

As was noted earlier in the thread, MW has a max of 135 minutes, which makes no sense, IMO. :confused3

-Kevin

Ahhh, I remember waiting 2 1/2 hours for Indiana Jones the first summer it opened. I'm too old for that now. :) We'll see how things look in late September, maybe take a weekday off.

Confession. We roded Indiana Jone the week it was open. We didn't realize that the CMs were stoping the line to let other people walk through. :confused3 We just thought we got lucky and we jumped in line. It was later when we got off the ride an hour later that we noticed the line was all the way into main street and beyond :eek: so sorry if I cut in front of any of you. I have felt guilty about that for years.

We were there the weekend of Star Tours grand opening (unlike carsland it had soft opened for days before then), and we saw the lines at 3 and 4 hours. I think it was even close to 5, if not 5, one time. We rode it with our resort fast passes they gave out if you stayed on property last summer. The waits were nothing like that when it opened at WDW. I just figured that the DL AP holders come out for the sole purpose of the specific new ride and if they have to wait all day then so be it, where WDW is mostly vacationers not locals, so you don't have that same aspect.

As far as mousewait, we were at DL last week and I was very disappointed with it. It almost never had accurate wait times. Every now and then you might get one that was recently updated and it might be close to accurate, but that was the exception, not the norm. We were using the free DL Waits app instead, and it was correct most of the time. Right now it shows 110 minutes for the flying tires, 35 for Mater's Jamboree and 120+ (which I think is as high as it goes) for RSR with 45 minutes for the single rider line. If I had no kids it would be the single rider line for me!!! We actually were also there right around when TSM opened too and the wait was 3 hours, and back then there was a single rider line and no one in it. We walked on with no wait- boy did we get some dirty looks from the regular line as we walked off as I guess they didn't see the "single rider" sign (which was small) or had no clue what it meant. They must have thought we were getting some sort of special treatment.

No way would I wait 5 hours for any ride. The ride is not going anywhere. It will still be there once the crowd dies down and I can ride it then. I'm that way with movies too though. I don't have to be the first to see it. I'd rather wait a couple of weeks until the crowds slow down.

Confession. We roded Indiana Jone the week it was open. We didn't realize that the CMs were stoping the line to let other people walk through. :confused3 We just thought we got lucky and we jumped in line. It was later when we got off the ride an hour later that we noticed the line was all the way into main street and beyond :eek: so sorry if I cut in front of any of you. I have felt guilty about that for years.
A-HA! That was YOoouuuU pirate: . I've never forgotten that day and have been waiting for this apology all these years.

Just kidding!!!! Tee hee hee.... :hippie:

It's funny the silly guilts we carry with us. I've got a few of 'em, too. Hopefully your confession has eased the burden. :goodvibes

Is there a picture of the RSR fastpass machine? It's located for now in Bugsland, correct? This'll be my 1st Disneyland visit and I want to kind of mentally prepare myself for where the fastpass machine will be located.

If we can't get fastpass, we'll just hop into single riders. Also, do we know the fastpass wait? Like once you hop in line, how long you'll be waiting?

Is there a picture of the RSR fastpass machine? It's located for now in Bugsland, correct? This'll be my 1st Disneyland visit and I want to kind of mentally prepare myself for where the fastpass machine will be located.

If we can't get fastpass, we'll just hop into single riders. Also, do we know the fastpass wait? Like once you hop in line, how long you'll be waiting?

Yes, please...I would love to see this pic as well! :thumbsup2

A-HA! That was YOoouuuU pirate: . I've never forgotten that day and have been waiting for this apology all these years.

Just kidding!!!! Tee hee hee.... :hippie:

It's funny the silly guilts we carry with us. I've got a few of 'em, too. Hopefully your confession has eased the burden. :goodvibes

Oh thanks I feel so much better :goodvibes

The following thread will be able to answer some of your questions:

RSR Fast Past Location Question
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2930957

Yes, the RSR FP machines are located in Bugsland for now. The permanent in-place FP machines are expected to be used when "things" in Cars Land eventually settle down, which might be in ... 2014 (just kidding, I think). :earsboy:

So if the line stays 5 hours long (or even 2 or 3) at park close, will they still honor the "you just have to be in line before park closes and you can still ride" rule?

Mr Snappy, tell me what the dinosaurs were like :lmao::lmao::lmao: (Kidding!)

I waited about 3 hours when Indiana Jones came out and that didn't seem so bad but time seems shorter when you're young I guess. I think I could still do 3 hours now, but beyond that I'm not sure, I might need adult beverages to help.

I'm in the camp that thinks things will settle down after a short bit, but it's all conjecture at this point and only time will tell ... I think we can all agree that we're hoping for the same thing though :thumbsup2

Just to add that at WDW the lines for Midway Mania are 2-3 hours every day all summer long....... years after it opened.

Can't wait to see CarsLand in Sept, hopefully it will quiet down by then....

Just to add that at WDW the lines for Midway Mania are 2-3 hours every day all summer long....... years after it opened.

Can't wait to see CarsLand in Sept, hopefully it will quiet down by then....

We are hoping that it has quieted down in November.

So if the line stays 5 hours long (or even 2 or 3) at park close, will they still honor the "you just have to be in line before park closes and you can still ride" rule?

I doubt it. I have had to get out of line before because we wouldn't have made it on the ride before closing.

I can't see them kicking people out of the line TONIGHT simply because it is the first day and all the people there want to say "I rode it the day it opened!". So, they might shut the line down early, but if you make it into the line, I highly doubt Disney is going to say "tough luck" and make you leave. I am sure Disney planned for this and have all the CM's working at least 3 hours after park closing to handle the line.

I just hope that things die down quickly! We are going June 25th and there is NO WAY I would wait 5+ hours for a ride (2 hours is pushing it). Now, if the park is closing at 11pm each night, and I can jump into 3+ hour wait around 10:30, then I might since there is not much else to do except go back to the room. So, hopefully Disney sticks to what they normally have always done in the past which is if you make it into the line before the park closes, you get to ride. Of course, Disney might make it VERY clear that they are closing the line an hour or two before park closing so they are not stuck with people in the park all night.

If the line remains 5 hours and they keep it open until 11pm tonight, then the people that make it into the line right before closing will HOPEFULLY be getting off the ride 4am, giving Disney only about 3 hours to let the ride rest before the park opens again at 7am tomorrow morning for hotel guests. Thats just nuts!

... their goal is not to experience the whole park today, it's really to be able to say they rode the ride on opening day. It's one of those crazy things people do for fun, like climbing a mountain or bungee jumping.
It's for the memories... and the pin :goodvibes

58c3884eb77211e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

Photo credit: http://instagr.am/p/L7DPnJq7zs/ (link)

:earsboy:

We are going down on the 27th of this month for a three day trip....sure hoping the lines are more reasonable by then.:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter