• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cars Land rides question

WishUponAStar3

Believer In Big Dreams!
Hi all! I was wondering if someone could describe the Cars Land rides for me, particularly RSR. I can't stand "drop" rides, I even sometimes avoid Pirates of the Caribbean because I hate the drop in the beginning! Is there anything like that in RSR?

I'm also not a fan of the major up-and-down rides- I love Dumbo, but the ride that became Silly Symphony Swings gave me that same feeling that I get during drops, so I avoid rides like that now!

All that said, do you think the Cars Land rides will work for me? Thanks for your feedback!

The fast race portion of the track does have one dip probably about the height of the Pirates drop, although in broad daylight and without water and you totally see it coming. There are a couple of quick banking turns but only one real dip like that.

RSR does not have any major drops. there is a section where there is a series of several "dips". you can see these from the walkway so you can determine for yourself when you get there. They are nothing compared to POTC.

The other cars land rides are very low key. Luigi's Tires and Tow Mater's junkyard jamboree are the other two rides in cars land. Both of these are mild. TMJJ is dizzying so if you are easily nauseated by spinning rides, skip that one :)

hope you enjoy cars land. get your fp for RSR as soon as you can because they are gone usually before noon.

There are full ride-through videos on YouTube for just about any ride at DLR. Watch the ones for any rides which worry you to see what to expect.

Thank you so much for your responses!! I'm hoping I can handle the drop at RSR, as it sounds so fun!

I think you'll be fine on RSR. My 8 yr old DD is a HUGE chicken about rides. She HATES the drops on Pirates and we actually had to tell her she never has to ride it again to get her to even want to go back to DLR. She hates all of the coasters, and only sometimes will do Soarin'. Which all makes me sad, because the rest of the family loves all those. But anyway, she LOVED RSR and is very excited about going back next week to ride it again. It kind of reminds me of "joyriding" when I was a teenager. Driving the back roads a little faster than you should, no slowing down for small dips. That's what the dip feels like.

Kind of along these lines.....my mom does not like thrill rides, (she will ride the super mild stuff) but she can handle the Pirates drop. She has neck problems though, and can't do anything jerky. Is RSR stop & go jerky? Or is it super smooth?

I wouldn't know. The lines are always so long :(
I always end up just eating some chili from the cone place!

I'm sorry to say this but the dips take my stomach every time. So much so that I never have a good photo taken cause my head is always down.

I wouldn't know. The lines are always so long :(
I always end up just eating some chili from the cone place!

Three words: Single Rider Line. (assuming your party is made up of brave 7+ (+ meaning on up through adulthood) year olds who can handle going in a different vehicle than the rest of the party!)

OP, the ride is basically a fast drive in a convertible. Well there's stuff inside, too, but that's not fast. The dip is like if you encounter a dip in the road while driving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter