• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cars 2 - Two thumbs up from me

Ian and I just got back. Here are my notes:

• Best use of 3D in any movie to date. The whole thing looked like a perfect 3d diorama. It looked like I was looking out a window into the "Cars" world. No 3D gimmicks!! Fantastic!
  • Ian and I enjoyed the film. I enjoyed the plot and it amazes me about the details in every shot. Like Florescent Light Bulbs reflecting off of Lightning McQueen's Paint even though the real bulbs are not visible in the shot. The quantity and quality of detail is just stunning. I will have to go watch it again.
  • The Toy Story Short WILL win Best Animated Short at the Oscars. It was great.
  • The opening sequence of "The Lion King" looked AMAZING in 3D. The 3D gave the shots an added Depth of Field that added so much to the landscape. Just incredible!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

My DH and I saw it last night. I really liked it! In fact I think that I prefer the second one over the first one.

I didn't think Cars 2 was better than the first. However , I am not into spy movies. I do think they did a great job with the 3D, and the TS3 short was great. Not a bad movie, just not my favorite.

Consensus among everyone who was at the theatre with us on Sunday (a group of about 12 adults and 17 kids) was that it was a great movie.

I personally loved all of the international venues and scenes (Pixar did a great job with them), and as Formula One fans, DH & I really liked the racing.

Our group was kinda split, with some people prefering Cars 2 over the original. (Personally I still like the original better).

I finally saw Cars 2 last night and was astoiunded at how good it was. The scenery was breathtaking, the story line never got boring and the characters were well developed. This is going to come across as blasphemy to some, but I liked it far more than Toy Story 3. Cars 2 may be the best Pixar film since Finding Nemo, in my opinion.

We saw Cars 2 this weekend and thought it was very well done. I found it very humorous. It was much better than the original version.

My family and I saw it this weekend, we did not see it in 3d, and I was underwhelmed.

While enjoyable, I thought it lack the emotional aspect usually associate with pixar. It was "fun" but the storyline was perhaps my least favorite of all the pixar movies....other than Wall-e

Took the family and saw it in 3-D.

So, this was Cars, Featuring Tow Mater and I didn't really care for it. Tow Mater as a sidekick is fine, but as the main character ended up being a bit annoying to me. The friction between him and Lightning was predictable and felt forced (if that's possible in an animated feature).

I wish the story had been about Lightning and Francesco as the later stole the show if you ask me. The story they went with lacked depth and emotion.

IMO, not nearly as good as the first one, especially if you are a racing fan and it's my least favorite Pixar movie to date.

Took the family and saw it in 3-D.

So, this was Cars, Featuring Tow Mater and I didn't really care for it. Tow Mater as a sidekick is fine, but as the main character ended up being a bit annoying to me. The friction between him and Lightning was predictable and felt forced (if that's possible in an animated feature).

I wish the story had been about Lightning and Francesco as the later stole the show if you ask me. The story they went with lacked depth and emotion.

IMO, not nearly as good as the first one, especially if you are a racing fan and it's my least favorite Pixar movie to date.

Agreed.

I'm the mother of a four-year-old boy who has seen "Cars" roughly 2.7 billion times in the past two years he's been watching movies. It was, and is, his favorite film, and even I don't mind hearing it on the endless loop it seems to be on in our minivan DVD player. My son was DYING to see "Cars 2," in the theater, "with the glasses," and we went this past weekend. (He even knew the opening date from the ubiquitous TV ads and preview trailers on various DVDs and has been talking about this for MONTHS.)

To sum up his review: he wanted to leave halfway through to, "go home and play Legos." This was his second-ever in-theater movie; first, "Tangled," when he was only three, he loved and had no problem sitting through, even with the 3D glasses on.

Yep, the "Toy Story: Hawaiian Vacation" short at the beginning was brilliant. Really shows they could do a "Toy Story 4," which I guess Tom Hanks recently hinted at, but please spare us a "Cars 3."

This was a shoot-'em-up spy movie which MAY have worked with another conceit but had nothing to do with the established Cars universe, so why do a second film? The races were secondary (almost pointless), the entire message of friendship and slow-down-and-enjoy-life from the first film, COMPLETELY thrown out the window, and a little of Tow Mater goes a LONG way. Unless you're a rabid Larry the Cable Guy fan, this is an easy wait for the DVD. And if you're child-free, this is a Pixar film you're gonna want to pass on.

I agree with the above reviewer, and the critics: This is Pixar's first failure. (That Oscar streak has definitely come to an end.) Not the worst kids' movie I've ever seen, but I expected far better from Disney and, especially, Pixar. The plot was pointless and silly (and I grew up a rampant James Bond fan), the dialogue lacked the clever repartee of previous Pixar pictures (what usually keeps the adults watching) and it just wasn't very fun at all. Expertly animated, of course, with plenty of "cool" chases and spy gadgets ... But that's not nearly enough to carry a movie.

Oh wow......while I enjoyed #1 more, I def. loved this movie. I would never have considered it even close to a failure.

Agreed.

I'm the mother of a four-year-old boy who has seen "Cars" roughly 2.7 billion times in the past two years he's been watching movies. It was, and is, his favorite film, and even I don't mind hearing it on the endless loop it seems to be on in our minivan DVD player. My son was DYING to see "Cars 2," in the theater, "with the glasses," and we went this past weekend. (He even knew the opening date from the ubiquitous TV ads and preview trailers on various DVDs and has been talking about this for MONTHS.)

To sum up his review: he wanted to leave halfway through to, "go home and play Legos." This was his second-ever in-theater movie; first, "Tangled," when he was only three, he loved and had no problem sitting through, even with the 3D glasses on.

Yep, the "Toy Story: Hawaiian Vacation" short at the beginning was brilliant. Really shows they could do a "Toy Story 4," which I guess Tom Hanks recently hinted at, but please spare us a "Cars 3."

This was a shoot-'em-up spy movie which MAY have worked with another conceit but had nothing to do with the established Cars universe, so why do a second film? The races were secondary (almost pointless), the entire message of friendship and slow-down-and-enjoy-life from the first film, COMPLETELY thrown out the window, and a little of Tow Mater goes a LONG way. Unless you're a rabid Larry the Cable Guy fan, this is an easy wait for the DVD. And if you're child-free, this is a Pixar film you're gonna want to pass on.

I agree with the above reviewer, and the critics: This is Pixar's first failure. (That Oscar streak has definitely come to an end.) Not the worst kids' movie I've ever seen, but I expected far better from Disney and, especially, Pixar. The plot was pointless and silly (and I grew up a rampant James Bond fan), the dialogue lacked the clever repartee of previous Pixar pictures (what usually keeps the adults watching) and it just wasn't very fun at all. Expertly animated, of course, with plenty of "cool" chases and spy gadgets ... But that's not nearly enough to carry a movie.

Solid review and I agree almost 100 percent

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter