Carrying my Tervis

I bring my cup for one simple reason... I HATE the taste of drinks when drunk out of paper cups. Always have. If I dump it into my plastic cup it's fine.

(I've also used it to stock up on POG juice for the day when I've found that in Cabanas at breakfast!)

I have carried my Tervis mug on all my previous cruises. I like something insulated to keep my drink cool and I drink way too much soda for the tiny cup. My husband brought his Yeti last year and it was great. Kept ice overnight in the room. There are a ton of people with their own cups so you will be in good company!

Well, I was calling it "wasteful" to use a cup (that you could be using to drink out of, and not dirtying up your cup) just fill up your cup and then throw it away.
Most of the time I end up filling the paper cup as well to refill as I get low.

The whole idea of the paper cups is wasteful. It's interesting that other cruise lines give you a reusable cup for sodas and don't find it a sanitary issue.

I buy a 32 oz. plastic cup with a straw from the 99 cent store or dollar tree and use it for the week and toss at the end of the cruise. Then if I forget it somewhere or it breaks, no biggie.
Also, I don't care how long it takes for someone to fill their cup, I just don't like it when they refill their personal cup and touch the soda spout with the lip of their cup. GROSS!! I always use the disposable cups to fill my cup. Just my opinion :confused3

I bring my cup for one simple reason... I HATE the taste of drinks when drunk out of paper cups. Always have. If I dump it into my plastic cup it's fine.

(I've also used it to stock up on POG juice for the day when I've found that in Cabanas at breakfast!)

I like to have breakfast in the MDRs, and will go to the one where my serving team is rotating too, so I ask them the night before to have POG juice available for me in the MDR as well. A++ would drink again!

Last edited:
I like to have breakfast in the MDRs, and will go to the one where my serving time is rotating too, so I ask them the night before to have POG juice available for me in the MDR as well. A++ would drink again!

This is good to know! I fell in love with that juice in Hawaii and can't get enough. I love going to Boma's in WDW just for that LOL

This is good to know! I fell in love with that juice in Hawaii and can't get enough. I love going to Boma's in WDW just for that LOL

They did have it a few times in Cabanas on the Dream and Fantasy. :)

A little off topic - but this made me think that maybe I should bring water bottles for my kids. Any experienced cruisers have an opinion that that? We usually have their water bottles with us - especially in the summer - to avoid the random "I am SO THIRSTY" meltdowns ;)

A little off topic - but this made me think that maybe I should bring water bottles for my kids. Any experienced cruisers have an opinion that that? We usually have their water bottles with us - especially in the summer - to avoid the random "I am SO THIRSTY" meltdowns ;)

I always bring Nalgene bottles with me for vacations. I don't carry them around the ship (hotels I visit) but I will fill them up for beach days, excursions, WDW, etc.

Although I do not have a Tervis, we do bring handled cups with lids and love filling them before we head down to the movie. My cup holds more beverage than the paper ones (needed when you're eating all that popcorn) and it's easier for the kids to hold the handles on our cups.

We bring mugs from WDW with the lids, remove lids and refill mug. Keeps my soda cold, is as sanitary (if not more so than a paper cup which squishes about half the time filling with ice or soda), and is way easier to carry a couple of. I drink from a straw so no germ passing.

I always bring a 6 or 12 pack of water to keep in the room for early morning or late night thirst pangs.

Do the theatres have a spot on the armrest to put your drink or are you holding your drink through the show?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter