Carrying milk in park for baby

VAB2013

Mouseketeer
We will need to have a sippy cup of milk for baby while at the parks. Any tips for keeping it cold? Can we bring a small cooler in with us? By small cooler, I mean a very small soft sided one that would fit in the basket of the stroller.

We will need to have a sippy cup of milk for baby while at the parks. Any tips for keeping it cold? Can we bring a small cooler in with us? By small cooler, I mean a very small soft sided one that would fit in the basket of the stroller.

Yes you can bring a small soft sided cooler into the park, no problem. No glass bottles. Remember that you can buy milk in the park as well.

I was just doing to suggest buying it in the parks. Unless you have a freezer to freeze ice packs, it will be hard to keep cold. You could consider giving her milk at the resort for morning and night and milk at each meal and just fill her cup with water during tour time. Another idea is the shelf stable milk boxes. Try them before you go as some kids (mine included) do not like them. Milk is available all over the parks. One last suggestion is if she is still on formula, leave her on it a bit longer if the trip is coming up soon. Nothing magical about switching at a year old. Both my boys were well past a year old and we delayed with the blessing of our dr.

We bought our milk in the parks for our 13 month old and he did fine. We had a half gallon of whole milk back in the room as well.

We brought milk into the parks. I kept it in an insulated thermos and it worked great. We also had milk back in our room.

We got the organic milk boxes (horizon or organic valley) that do not need refrigeration and took them to the parks with us when our son was 2 and 1/2, they come with straws.
They do taste a little different, but after a few tries they get used to it.
We had to bring a sippy to pour the milk into at AK because they do not allow straws, so I guess you can always go that route for all the parks if your baby doesn't do straws yet.
We also had a stroller cooler that attached to our umbrella stroller ( http://smile.amazon.com/Better-Space-Stroller-Organizer-Cooler/dp/B00QVLVAVU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1432697650&sr=8-2&keywords=stroller+cooler) but still left the basket free, I liked it a lot. We used it for snacks and fruit, I felt better knowing the milk will not spoil given how hot it can get.
You can get the milk boxes delivered to your resort through amazon or garden grocer. They are sort of expensive, but still cheaper than buying at the parks (~15$ for a pack of 12 at amazon)

Last edited:

Ice packs can be kept in the freezer by bell services. My husband is a Type 1 Diabetic and puts ice packs in his kit in summer to keep his insulin cold (he uses syringes). He puts it in a ziploc bag with his name on it. He dropped it at bell services when we were at the resort and picked it up before we went to the park. :)

If your child doesn't have to drink something specific, I'd just get milk in the park as needed. The best keep-it-cold drink container I've used is the Thermos steel bottles (they have a flip top with a straw). We put cold water in them with ice, and after several hours in a bag on the stroller in FL heat there is still ice in it.

You can bring a soft-sided cooler. We always bring one and hang it on the back of the stroller. Instead of ice packs, we freeze a few water bottles and put them in the cooler. It keeps everything cold all day as long as you keep the cooler zipped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter