Carry-On Wine Question

sweetpee_1993

DIS Veteran
Yeah, leave it to me to think this one up. I don't know what made this pop into my head but it was a bit of an ah-hah moment. Probably a year ago I picked up a bottle of Madeira that's produced at a local winery. Has anyone brought a bottle of Madeira onboard as one of their bottles of wine? It looks like a smaller bottle of wine than a standard bottle. Packs a lot more punch, tho. It's a really slow sipper at 18% ABV.

Here's a pic of the bottle next to a standard bottle of crazy yummy wine.

And the label from the local winery.

Hmmmm...I may have to give this bottle a shot on my next Disney cruise.....

I don't know if this helps or not, but when I was boarding in Nassau, I had bought two bottles of rum. Both were in wine-shaped and size bottles. The CM said "These are wine, is that right?" and I said "They are rum." It didn't hit me until I got home that they may have passed through.

Then again, we boarded with six-packs of wine coolers, a six of Strongbow cider, and a six of Not-Your-Father's Rootbeer (large party of adults, one with gluten allergies, however, we were not questioned)

My gut says no, which is why we didn't try to bring on a bottle of sake on our last cruise. Hay it is rice WINE..! Interested to see what others say.. :)

Oh the truth you speak. Just the words "hot sake" totally gives me the warm-n-fuzzies. :cloud9:

I don't know if this helps or not, but when I was boarding in Nassau, I had bought two bottles of rum. Both were in wine-shaped and size bottles. The CM said "These are wine, is that right?" and I said "They are rum." It didn't hit me until I got home that they may have passed through.

Then again, we boarded with six-packs of wine coolers, a six of Strongbow cider, and a six of Not-Your-Father's Rootbeer (large party of adults, one with gluten allergies, however, we were not questioned)
I think your CM was trying to help ya out there. That was most definitely a yes moment. If the CM says its wine, it is wine.

Do the CM's open your carry on and inspect the bottles? We don't necessarily want our travel mates to know we have alcohol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter